openHAB 2.3 has been released!

When can we expect to see the RPMs for RedHat distros? They don’t show up yet in openHAB-Stable repo.

Sorry my bad, they are there, you just have to do a yum downgrade openhab2 to go from unstable snapshot to stable release.

1 Like

Hi all.

New OpenHAB version now is time to upgrade it but I have one question regarding the old spapshot ZWave binding. I mean old becuase is one of working on OpenHAB 2.2 but still is snapshot. What is the better way to update OpenHAB in this situation?

a) Uninstall the snapshot zwave binding then update openHAB and then install zwave from PaperUI (I don’t need security)

b) update openHAB and then cross fingers the update process updates zwave binding too.

Thanks for your help

Open up a new thread with some info (like your items and logs) and for sure we can identify the root cause :slight_smile:

ok :slight_smile:

I would do this.
Are you currently running the refactored Z-Wave Binding with Security features? (link)
If yes: remember that you need to delete your Z-Wave Things from PaperUI first before uninstalling the Binding.

Yes I’m using the refactored binding.
So work for the weekend as probably I will need to check my items, rules etc…

Thanks a lot for your answer

1 Like

Then you’ll need to just leave the jar in addons. The development zwave binding is not in the 2.3 release.

I think that he wants to fall back to the “standard” Z-Wave Binding for now (he mentioned that he doesn’t need Sec)

It is easier to just to a simple upgrade of OH to 2.3 and stay with the development/refactored Z-Wave Binding.
Chris will merge the dev version most likely in the 2.4 Stable :slight_smile:

First thx for the new version. :grinning:
On my system the upgrade process was technically flawless.
But it seems I have lost old rrdj4 data - or is this due to the updated chart settings ?

The relnotes do mention an needed manual action regarding the Weatherundergound binding. I did not change an of my items from Number to Number:Temperature - and it still works. So is this change really needed or is it optional ?

Hi @job,

could you also please post the error message you get while executing the original script? Which version did you use when running the script successfully?

Thanks in advance. Cheers,
Henning

I’m terribly sorry, but it looks like i received this error for some time. This wasn’t introduced with 2.3, just some bad testing when implementing the rule.

My logs go back to 2018-04-30 and already include this error. The addition using modulo was done sometimes between 2018-04-23 and 2018-04-30.

Sorry! :flushed:

No problem at all, thanks for the feedback. We then do not need to fix this :wink:

Dear Team,

First of all, thanks for your unbelievable efforts that you are investing in the development and maintenance of openhab2!

Allow me to report an issue after the upgrade to OH 2.3 (which was done overnight by a cron job containing “sudo apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade” sequence of commands).

Symptoms:

• Even though the openhab2 service seems to be up (please see below the output of “sudo service openhab2 status”), the only available web ui is the LogViewer.
  • Also, the rules are no longer being executed.
  • The openhab2 cloud instance is in “offline” status since tonight right after the restart of openhab2 service after the apt-get update set of commands.

Logs:

• extract from /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log:
2018-05-29 15:46:32.946 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'Europe/Bucharest'.
2018-05-29 15:46:32.969 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Location set to '44.4239065,26.0739061'.
2018-05-29 15:46:36.937 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-voice-mactts, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-persistence-mysql, openhab-misc-hueemulation, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-action-nma, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-action-mail': Error:
        Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest
2018-05-29 15:46:42.359 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'weather.items'
2018-05-29 15:46:42.477 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'test.items'
2018-05-29 15:46:42.567 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model 'sonoff.items', using it anyway:
Duplicate ModelItem 'Sonoff_SC_Light'
Duplicate ModelItem 'Sonoff_SC_Light'
2018-05-29 15:46:42.576 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'sonoff.items'
2018-05-29 15:46:43.275 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'mapdb.persist'
2018-05-29 15:46:43.313 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'influxdb.persist'
2018-05-29 15:46:46.123 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
2018-05-29 15:46:49.845 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'sonoff.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:50.706 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'smoke_alarm.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:50.833 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'button.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:50.917 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'water_leakage.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:51.840 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'entrance_door_gw_light_on.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:52.282 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'kids_bedroom.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:52.465 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'kitchen.rules'
2018-05-29 15:46:52.526 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'refresh.rules' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [8,3]: mismatched input 'else' expecting 'end'
2018-05-29 15:46:53.286 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'tlc.sitemap'
2018-05-29 15:46:53.671 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'kodi.things'
2018-05-29 15:46:56.080 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://10.0.0.4:8080
2018-05-29 15:46:56.089 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://10.0.0.4:8443
2018-05-29 15:47:34.941 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-voice-mactts, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-persistence-mysql, openhab-misc-hueemulation, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-action-nma, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-action-mail': Error:
        Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest
2018-05-29 15:48:34.771 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-voice-mactts, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-persistence-mysql, openhab-misc-hueemulation, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-action-nma, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-action-mail': Error:

(the last message is repeated every 1 minute).

• output of “sudo service openhab2 status”:
openhabian@pi:~ $ sudo service openhab2 status
● openhab2.service - openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-05-29 15:46:21 EEST; 3min 9s ago
     Docs: https://www.openhab.org/docs/
           https://community.openhab.org
  Process: 22511 ExecStop=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 22715 (java)
   CGroup: /system.slice/openhab2.service
           └─22715 /usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab2 -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dopenhab.logdir=/var/log/o

May 29 15:46:21 pi systemd[1]: Started openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home.
May 29 15:46:56 pi karaf[22715]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant com.yeelight.sdk.enums.DeviceType.bslamp1
May 29 15:46:56 pi karaf[22715]:         at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:238)
May 29 15:46:56 pi karaf[22715]:         at com.yeelight.sdk.enums.DeviceType.valueOf(DeviceType.java:1)
May 29 15:46:56 pi karaf[22715]:         at com.yeelight.sdk.device.DeviceFactory.build(DeviceFactory.java:29)
May 29 15:46:56 pi karaf[22715]:         at com.yeelight.sdk.services.DeviceManager$2.run(DeviceManager.java:130)
May 29 15:46:56 pi karaf[22715]:         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

So far I have tried the following without success:

1. The below sequence of commands:
  • sudo service openhab2 stop
  • rm -fr /var/lib/openhab2/cache
  • rm -fr /var/lib/openhab2/tmp
  • sudo service openhab2 start
  1. removing the wifiled bundle via karaf
  • the “bundle:list” command does not show up any wifiled bundle, so I cannot get the ID of the bundle needed for the “bundle:uninstall” command.

I need your advice on how to force-start the Paper UI web interface (I assume I can manage from there) or any other method to start openhab2 after the upgrade to v2.3.

Thanks a lot,
Cristian

you need to remove the wifiled binding (using addons.cfg) since the 2.3.0 stable release includes a corrupted *.jar file for this binding. Check: 2.3.0 - wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest

Check the syntax in these 2 files. You can post them here for debugging :slight_smile:

This one: I don’t know… maybe a problem with the yeelight binding on 2.3.0 also? Try to uninstall it temporarily to see if things improve

1 Like

First of all I want to thank everyone working on openHAB very much.

Today I’ve upgraded my installation via apt-get method. Everything looked fine, starting up the service worked, no errors in the logs. Unfortunately nothing worked anymore.

Checking in Paper-UIs Add-ons category I founf that transformations and user interfaces were untouched, but bindings and persistence were all in status “install”. Obviously existing choices were not upgraded but deleted.
I installed everything in Paper-UI again and could solve the issue that way. Maybe someone finds this information useful.

maybe you had configured %OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg file and you chose to replace it with the empty distribution one when apt-get upgrading?

Thank you @Dim !

I’ve removed the wifiled binding directly from file /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config:

#binding="mihome,kodi,mqtt1,wol1,weather1,chromecast,wifiled,http1,network"
binding="mihome,kodi,mqtt1,wol1,weather1,chromecast,http1,network"

It worked like a charm! Thanks again!

Regarding the other two issues, I’ll take a look and try to fix them ASAP.

For the yeelight issue, can you please advise which log is being displayed (last 10 lines of it) by the sudo service openhab2 status command? Is it an aggregation of messages from multiple log sources?
Now the output of sudo service openhab2 status has changed:

openhabian@pi:~ $ sudo service openhab2 status
● openhab2.service - openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-05-29 18:22:03 EEST; 7min ago
     Docs: https://www.openhab.org/docs/
           https://community.openhab.org
  Process: 8149 ExecStop=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 9069 (java)
   CGroup: /system.slice/openhab2.service
           ├─9069 /usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab2 -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dopenhab.logdir=/
           └─9895 ping -w 5 -c 1 10.0.0.100

May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.ChromeCast.getStatus(ChromeCast.java:179)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at org.openhab.binding.chromecast.internal.ChromecastCommander.handleRefresh(ChromecastCommander.java:87)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at org.openhab.binding.chromecast.handler.ChromecastHandler$Coordinator$1.run(ChromecastHandler.java:231)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
May 29 18:23:22 pi karaf[9069]:         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Regards,
Cristian

1 Like

May i suggest to change the release notes structure for upcoming releases a bit?

I think it would be worth to mention -breaking changes- not as the last heading of that document where new users maybe have closed it already because it is a huge amount of text.
A more popular place could be better for such important info and should not be needed to scroll that long.

1 Like

Thanks @Dim for your suggestion. The config file was indeed written by the upgrade process as timestamp and an entry in the apt logfile confirms. But it was empty beforehand. This is why I allowed it to be overwritten.

I did all the configuration via Paper-UI and the configuration seems to be written to /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config
I don’t know whether this file was overwritten by the upgrade process as well as there are no log entries in the apt logs for this file. The timestamp for this file stems from my last configuration a few minutes ago when I realized the mail action was missing, too.

IF this file was overwritten during the upgrade process, it would explain the issue (and would be a bug in the upgrade process, IMHO). But I have no proof of such a behaviour, so this remains a suspicion at best. Maybe someone else who did not perform the upgrade yet can have a look at the state of the file before and after the upgrade. That might shade a bit of light on this.

1 Like