openHAB 2.3 has been released!

I believe this is just a hard coded text that hasn’t been updated yet.

Selecting the option will always install the latest version available, not just 2.2.0.

Either way, openHABian can also follow the same update procedure as APT based installations

There is another breaking change between 2.2 and 2.3 regarding jython scripting. If the jython rules use persistence extensions and DateTime.now() the script needs to

import org.joda.time.DateTime as DateTime

to work correctly on the recent 2.2 snapshots and 2.3 as well.

Sorry. Bad testing on my side. :flushed:

1 Like

it is fixed: now their is only openhab stable without any version number.

1 Like

I am sure a lot of hard work went into it.
I can only speak for myself though that I regret the update as it seemed to have broken a lot of things, if not everything. None of my items (e.g. the weatheritems (http call with JSONPATH transform)) are not recognised anymore, seeing only item names and no longer the labels, icons or values

My logs are full of error messages of items that cant be found:

2018-05-28 15:04:46.518 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Group
2018-05-28 15:04:46.520 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Aantal radiatoren aan' will be ignored, because its item 'HeatingNo' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.530 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'CV_IP' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2018-05-28 15:04:46.532 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'CV_IP' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2018-05-28 15:04:46.534 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2018-05-28 15:04:46.537 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2018-05-28 15:04:46.540 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Begane grond' will be ignored, because its item 'gGF' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.542 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Eerste verdieping' will be ignored, because its item 'gFF' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.545 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Garage' will be ignored, because its item 'GF_Garage' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.547 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Carport' will be ignored, because its item 'gCP' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.549 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Buitenlicht' will be ignored, because its item 'gGFl' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.552 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Tuin' will be ignored, because its item 'gGA' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.554 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Energie & water' will be ignored, because its item 'Utilities' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.557 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Devices' will be ignored, because its item 'Machines' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.559 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'Security' will be ignored, because its item 'Security' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.561 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Dynamic group with label 'null' will be ignored, because its item 'Status' does not exist.
2018-05-28 15:04:46.564 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'gGF' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Group
2018-05-28 15:04:46.567 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'gGF' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Group
2018-05-28 15:04:46.569 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Group

and on ip:8080, I see no user interfaces anymore, just grafana, find and help
I am sure I can get it fixed somehow but for now I think I will just put my old files back

Additional problem:

This is possibly due to an ESH change that essentially removed indefinite paths from the JSONPATH transform. Where I need to use indefinite paths, I am now using jq. This appears to be a breaking change that was not documented in the release notes.

Oddly, there also doesn’t look to be any reference to ‘Member of’ as a rule trigger.

Thanks, but that is not the only problem. 99% of my items cant be found, neither can my UI’s.
Everything is just completely broken

When can we expect to see the RPMs for RedHat distros? They don’t show up yet in openHAB-Stable repo.

Sorry my bad, they are there, you just have to do a yum downgrade openhab2 to go from unstable snapshot to stable release.

1 Like

Hi all.

New OpenHAB version now is time to upgrade it but I have one question regarding the old spapshot ZWave binding. I mean old becuase is one of working on OpenHAB 2.2 but still is snapshot. What is the better way to update OpenHAB in this situation?

a) Uninstall the snapshot zwave binding then update openHAB and then install zwave from PaperUI (I don’t need security)

b) update openHAB and then cross fingers the update process updates zwave binding too.

Thanks for your help

Open up a new thread with some info (like your items and logs) and for sure we can identify the root cause :slight_smile:

ok :slight_smile:

I would do this.
Are you currently running the refactored Z-Wave Binding with Security features? (link)
If yes: remember that you need to delete your Z-Wave Things from PaperUI first before uninstalling the Binding.

Yes I’m using the refactored binding.
So work for the weekend as probably I will need to check my items, rules etc…

Thanks a lot for your answer

1 Like

Then you’ll need to just leave the jar in addons. The development zwave binding is not in the 2.3 release.

I think that he wants to fall back to the “standard” Z-Wave Binding for now (he mentioned that he doesn’t need Sec)

It is easier to just to a simple upgrade of OH to 2.3 and stay with the development/refactored Z-Wave Binding.
Chris will merge the dev version most likely in the 2.4 Stable :slight_smile:

First thx for the new version. :grinning:
On my system the upgrade process was technically flawless.
But it seems I have lost old rrdj4 data - or is this due to the updated chart settings ?

The relnotes do mention an needed manual action regarding the Weatherundergound binding. I did not change an of my items from Number to Number:Temperature - and it still works. So is this change really needed or is it optional ?

Hi @job,

could you also please post the error message you get while executing the original script? Which version did you use when running the script successfully?

Thanks in advance. Cheers,
Henning

I’m terribly sorry, but it looks like i received this error for some time. This wasn’t introduced with 2.3, just some bad testing when implementing the rule.

My logs go back to 2018-04-30 and already include this error. The addition using modulo was done sometimes between 2018-04-23 and 2018-04-30.

Sorry! :flushed: