openHAB 2.3 problem with serial binding dependency

Hallo,
I am using a binding that depends on the serial binding for communicating with an hw module.
The binding is under development so I install it manually in the /addons folder.

In OH 2.2 the dependency to the serial binding was automatically resolved, so it was enough to copy the jar in the addons folder.

However In OH 2.3 the binding cannot be loaded giving this error:

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/(path)/openhab-2.3.0/addons/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.3.0-b5.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [227]
 Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

Note that after installing via PaperUI another binding that also depends on serial (for example Modbus binding) then the dependency get resolved and the binding is loaded correctly.

What has been changed in OH 2.3 that makes a binding dependent on serial not loaded anymore?

NOTE
In the bundle MANIFEST.MF i have:

Import-Package: 
[...]
 gnu.io,
[...]

thanks bye,
Massi

Also in on oh2.2 it was mandantory to install the serial bundle or a binding that uses serial.

Not in my experience.
I have an example of OH 2.2 installation on Linux (CentOS via yum) that has no other binding installed by default and yet the binding needing gnu.io through the serial binding is activated with no error…
Massimo

This already started a couple of weeks ago on snapshot 2.3 … unfortunately. It must have been around build 1265 or similar.
Always a mess if using zwave :sunglasses:

I’m not sure but it might have to do with

Yes I guess i related to that.
But what is the solution then ?
Should I add some more dependency declaration somewhere in my binding to be compatible with 2.3 ?
Is there an example of another OH2 binding that has dependency to serial transport to look at ?
(I already looked to the Z-wave one but I did not see any specific new configuration …)
Thanks
Massi