openHAB 2.4.0 in Docker on Linux connected to 1-wire (owserver) - Problem with WRITING to 1-W

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: x86_64/2GB/80GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk-8-jre-headless, openjdk version “1.8.0_191”
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0 (in docker)
  • Issue of the topic: As decribed below
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue: Defined in PaperUI, basing on 1-W search
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue: No sitemap so far
    • Rules code related to the issue: No rules so far
    • Services configuration related to the issue: Only opencloud integration and other non related
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: No errors in log files

As in topic. I have fully working instance of 1-W with about 30 sensors/input/outputs. Now I’m trying to connect my 1-W system to openHAB.

Docker is running. Inside it is container with openHAB 2.4.0. All configuration (for now) I’ve done in PeperUI, and that is:

• binding to 1-W (connection to 1-W owserver),
  • things (representing all my 1-W components - I/O containing relays are switched to outputs),
  • few test items (1 temperature reading, and 3 I/O outputs as switches),
  • links coresponding to test functions pointing propoer PIO’s.

The problem is, that I can read values form my 1-W, but i can’t write to them (change output, relay state) ex. from HABmin. When I turn switch It’s turns back to prev state and nothing changes on 1-W side.

Have anybody done some working configuration with openHAB 2 and 1-W and could share some knowledge with me?

See this discussion and this discussion.

1 Like

Seen this?

I user PaperUI, so I should uninstall add-on from that UI, copy new version to addons folder and…? I think that on the list of available addons it’s still the old one “OneWire Binding binding-onewire - 2.4.0”. Should I notice some king of change in PaperUI or in UI there is no difference after new addon upload and I should just install this addon again?

Holy s…t! It works. :wink: Many thanks for that. :wink:

Just to summarize and close this thread… for anyone affected by this problem in future.

Last working addon is here: https://janessa.me/esh

Like on instruction on site linked above:

Installation instructions for downloaded versions

1. Uninstall the old version:
  • If you installed the binding via PaperUI: uninstall it there
  • If you installed the binding via addons.cfg: remove it there
  • If you installed the binding via the addons folder: delete the file
  1. Wait at least 10s or until the uninstallation has finished
  2. Drop your download file in your addons folder

And there IS no difference in addon description (same before and after upload with new one - at least in this time). After uninstalling old one, 10s wait and upload new one, you should just install this addon again.

Once again THANKS!