Openhab 2.5.7: Can MQTT1 still/co-exist there with MQTT2?

See title.

Background: Busy with checking, learning in order to migrate towards MQTTv2 and found that my MQTT v1 does not operate/come active in the latest openHAB versions ?

When I run version 2.5.7, MQTT2.x comes active but the MQTT1.x does not though the “bundles” go active. It seems to me that this might be openHAB version related as my 220 and (stripped) 230 version, runs happily both simultaneously.
Note: I prefer to migrate using (one of) latest versions as I also develop a few things of my own that need to re-engineered (here) as Eclipse has left the Smarthome building.

Unfortunately since 2.4 this is not working anymore, IIRC.

1 Like

Ok, Thx… this save me further investigation. I was already pulling my teeth out.

This brings me to a new adventurous approach.
(try to) Update my Qnap/nas OH220 to version 2.3.x (in order to run MQTTv1**+v2**), migrate my MQTTv1 and then move-on to 2.5.x.

New challenge is where to get a proper distribution that I can use to update my Qnap … ?
I can (re)construct things but I prefer to have a clean update version.
In case someone know where I can download a (full) OH2.3.x zip thart can be installed offline openHAB offline… I would appreciate it very much.

TIA

To answer myself… old/releases can be found:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-milestone-local/org/openhab/distro/openhab/

FWIW, I’ve installed 2.4.0 on my QNAP as pre-step to migrate my MQTT1.x items to MQTT2.x. In the end “this” version upgrade turned out to be fairly easy operation which consists primarily of replacing the …/distribution/runtime contents and clearing the (old/version) tmp & cache. Next step is inventory my mqtt and migrate these one-by-one to the mqtt-bridged channels.

In addition I needed to fixemy environment in order (re)continue my MaVeN based development. For this, I installed the archived “smarthome” repo’s on my local webserver.

Aside, I was also forced to fix & dimension my “avmfritz items” as in this release, IUoM (in Incorporated Unit of Measurement) went active by which collected “measurement units” such as “Energy” are standardized.