Openhab 2 and Alexa - Italian

Hi folks,

any chance to see the Alexa skill in italian?

Please let me know if I can help (somehow)

thanks
Andrea

Mee too.

Me too available for help if needed!

May I ask all Italian OpenHab users to share their experience using Alexa commands in ITALIAN in interacting with Openhab?

Italian comprehension of our Alexa is quite squeamish and my impression is that if you don’t use exactly what it expected, no way to move anything

with these items

Switch Uno "Uno" [ "Lighting" ]
Switch Due "Due" [ "Switchable" ]

I can use with success the basic commands

• “Alexa, accendi Uno”
  • “Alexa, spegni Uno”
  • “Alexa, accendi Due”
  • “Alexa, spegni Due”

But I can’t find the proper ITALIAN command to set a dimmer to a discrete value (0…100%) or to command a rollershutter filed

Documentation on the net is poor and most in English…

has anybody already found the solution?

I use Alexa in Italian with Openhab2 (English Skill) with no problem at all.
Speaking in Italian I can control all my Bticino MyHome system with all the proper commands for automations, dimmers, switches.
I just input all items descritpion in Italian and then asked Alexa to look for lights…
It works like a dream!

Sorry, how can you do this without the official skill in italian?

Nicola, nice to hear that
can you please report what exactly you say to Alexa, and how you configured your exposed items?

my Alexa sees the items, but I can merely switch on and of, and not dim or give any other types of command

Dear Andrea,

As I do not have time to learn/program Openhab2 I have purchased an interface which does it for me… I cannot mention its name as I have been already flagged for sponsoring in this forum…

Anyway this interface and its software created my item file of which you can see the example here:

Dimmer DIMMER_1 “Luce Forni” (Cucina, Generale) [“Lighting”] {bticino=“if=webserver;who=1;what=0;where=54#4#01”}

Switch SWITCH_2 “Base Albero” (Colonna, Generale, PianoTerra) [“Lighting”] {bticino=“if=webserver;who=1;what=0;where=85”}

Dimmer DIMMER_3 “Luce Piano Cottura” (Cucina, Generale) [“Lighting”] {bticino=“if=webserver;who=1;what=0;where=55#4#01”}

After having installed Openhab Skill in Alexa, (Uk version), I have set Alexa in Italian and her to look for lights. Alexa Answered in Italian she could find all my lights and I can control them with no problem.

Nicola

Dear Alberto

Dear Andrea,

As I do not have time to learn/program Openhab2 I have purchased an interface which does it for me… I cannot mention its name as I have been already flagged for sponsoring in this forum…

Anyway this interface and its software created my item file of which you can see the example here:

Dimmer DIMMER_1 “Luce Forni” (Cucina, Generale) [“Lighting”] {bticino=“if=webserver;who=1;what=0;where=54#4#01”}

Switch SWITCH_2 “Base Albero” (Colonna, Generale, PianoTerra) [“Lighting”] {bticino=“if=webserver;who=1;what=0;where=85”}

Dimmer DIMMER_3 “Luce Piano Cottura” (Cucina, Generale) [“Lighting”] {bticino=“if=webserver;who=1;what=0;where=55#4#01”}

After having installed Openhab Skill in Alexa, (Uk version), I have set Alexa in Italian and asked her to look for lights. Alexa answered she could find all my lights and I can control them with no problem.

I guess u r Italian so the commads I use are:

Alexa, accendi/spegni la camera padronale

Accendi/spegni le luci notturne

Imposta la luce del bagno ospiti al 80%

I can name all light as I want using Italian names.

I can also operate the shutters but in this case Alexa does not understand open/close in Italian and I have to use switch on/off the shutters. Not much of a problem waiting for the Italian version of Openhab skill.

ES:

Accendi/spegni balcone cucina (accendi=apri/spegni=chiudi)

Ciao
nicola

Nicola

ciao Nicola

yes, I’m Italian

nice to hear you got some results, but I want to stay on openhab standard installation.
so I can be flexible in mapping any variable on the proper channel I could have

As I reported, I still haven’t big result in programming any openhab variable to be exposed to openhab link, except for “lighting” item
Dimming an item was impossible for me

on top of that, my impression is that Alexa is understanding the Italian syntax with more difficulties than the English one

on the other hand, I see there is a lot of activities in new development around alexa interconnection, but I haven’t enough time to enter in such details, maybe better for me to wait for a stable release in the mainstream

any other Italian openhab user who got some results using Italian language?

Guys,

please consider the Italian Skill is already available now.

ciao
Andrea

Hi all
thanks for your information about italian skill
Someone, can help me for interface my amazon alexa with my openhab project?
Now I use my openhab app for controll Shutter and Gate. How have I modify items and things for amazon alexa?

Many thanks to all