Openhab 3.0.0 Openhab Cloud Connector

Hi all,

just moved my Openhab Docker from 2.5.11 to 3.0.0 and tried to add a new device.
Which at least on the LAN is working quite good, I then added this Item to the Openhab Cloud Connector list of items I want to remotely switch to get it working with the Alexa Skill. But it is not showing up. Every other item which was working before, is still working with Alexa Voice commands.

In the process of troubleshooting I thought about getting a look at the UUID and Secret for the Openhab Cloud.

For UUID everything looks fine and I can easily copy and paste, but for Secret. there is no such file, I only have a rsa_json_web_key.json in the secrets folder, which I have never seen before and also don’t know what to do with the gibberish it is filled with.

Fired up another Openhab Docker with version 2.5.11 and tada in the secrets folder there is a simple file named secret.

I looked for FAQ and also searched in the forum for help but couldn’t find anyone who mentioned it.

Is there any way of extracting the secret out of the Openhab 3 json file or do I need to get the secret from somewhere else?

Many thanks for your help

You do not need to do that and cannot do that any longer. Only IFTTT needed Items exposed on the cloud server but user exposed too many Items, overloading the server.

That feature was disabled so the free service could continue. IFTTT users needing that functionality are encouraged to set up their own cloud server from the open source code.

Hi Bruce,

thank you for the clarification. I just unticked all items.

Nevertheless the item is missing

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) gEsstischLampe "Esstischlampe" ["Lightning"]

I created the item yesterday and just tried to search for it in the Alexa app, still nothing.

The openhab cloud connector is configured ? Without configuring it there will be no uuid, secret file.

Yeah, it is configured and installed, as I said everything else is working as last week, and if it wasn’t for this one item I can’t find, I wouldn’t have take a look into the secrets folder.

So I found the error…

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) gEsstischLampe "Esstischlampe" ["Lightning"]

[“Lightning”] should be [“Lighting”]