openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

Have you tried with a clean database? You should try the fix with a clean db or with one migrated from OH 2.0.
If the DB has previously written readings from OH 3.0 nonfixed addon it’s normal it fails.

@4u2fast Do you use MapDB to restore values on startup?
We have some discussion here and it may be the cause:

Is there a possibility to “Add ALL Points/Equipment to Model” in the new UI?

Don’t know, if I missed something, but as far as I’m concerned, I do the following:

1. add the binding
  2. configure the Thing(s)
  3. check all channels to add their points/equipment to the model
    which can be pretty exhausting, especially if used for a Weather-Binding with 10+ forecasts with 20+ points each! :wink:
  4. add the points/equipment

So, is there a faster way to “check all” checkboxes at once?

1 Like

This is being discussed on GitHub at the moment. Short answer it can’t be done yet, long answer is in the GitHub issue.

Looks like a commit has been done already.

1 Like

um… YEAH !
??? what is the deal with all of Scott’s hard work not being included???
I’ve being watching on git and really wonder what is the hold up

2 Likes

yeah bruce i read that

I have 2 issues after update from 2.5 to 3.0…
I followed the instructions and all configurations,items,influx database were moved ok.
I can see al info running through grafana server but…

if I’m logging at http.//localhost:8080 I can see the old dashboad vers 2.5.9 and without any items,things,rules, all gone.

But I removed all directoy belong to openhab2, why do I have still the old dashboard?

tks

I don’t recognise an answer to this. From my point of view there is currently no select all feature. In addition tehre is no copy feature to copy and thing or items as a base for a new thing/item.

The only was to speed it up is to click faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds to me as if you still have your openhab2 instance running in parallel - can you rule this out?

We are still waiting for something that can be included, but instead of helping moving things forward, Scott seems to prefer to play dead and not respond anymore. Maybe just to my questions, so I will stop trying now and focus instead on the hundreds of other maintainers who contribute valuable features and are waiting patiently since months for reviews and feedback.

2 Likes

checked.
no one software related to openhub2 or coming from the old directories is running.
only openhab service… and I rebooted the server after installation
cleaned cache of browsers

maybe during the installation not all files were replaced.

yes, i store values and restore on startup !

Strategies {
   everyMinute	: "0 * * * * ?"
   everyHour    : "0 0 * * * ?"
   everyDay     : "0 0 0 * * ?"
   default = everyChange
}
Items {  
* : strategy = everyMinute,  restoreOnStartup
}

Thanks @4u2fast, By now, althought not 100% confirmed, it seems that this can be the origin of the problem, you can follow the Github issue that was previously mentioned in that thread.

Is the next milestone release planned for early next month @Kai? It would be nice to know for everyone working on fixes or waiting for them to be part of a milestone release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No date set yet. Just tell me once you think enough fixes have piled up :slight_smile: .
What might make sense is to do the 2.5.10 patch release this weekend (Oct 25) and the 3.0.0.M2 the week after (Nov 1) - that will keep me busy. Wdyt?

1 Like

Sounds good to me because I think a lot will be fixed by that time!

Heads up for everyone having trouble with rrd4j error messages when restoring values, we should soon have a fix in place with https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/8815.

1 Like

@Kai I don’t think that’s fair. He already answered your question.

2 Likes

What’s the approved successor of expire binding? Just noticed my countdown timers were no longer working and finally figured out it was because of expire being 1.0.