openHAB 3.0 Milestone 5 discussion

In the script section, there should be a blockly option IMO:

You mean like this? It has been merged.

RC1 is out - already updated with apt
I only get a lot of
[.core.io.rest.internal.DTOMapperImpl] - Field ‘firmwareStatus’ could not be eliminated: Can not set final org.openhab.core.thing.firmware.dto.FirmwareStatusDTO field org.openhab.core.io.rest.core.thing.EnrichedThingDTO.firmwareStatus to null value

when using the GUI

I knew it was coming today but is is usually better to wait for the announcement. I think they test before they announce.

Yes, it does. But from our pov it is not because the actions can be used without limitations in rules. It is not straight forward to solve and we definitely will not be able to figure out a viable solution before OH 3 release. Here is a link with detailed information.

I have set up a dimmer item for a lamp that accepts values between 0 and 255 for brightness settings (corresponding to off and 100% respectively). I set up a percentage type channel with what I think are the appropriate absolute min and absolute max limits, as well as an on and off command.
then i create an item linked to this channel which is a dimmer type item.

The dimmer type item now shows a slider that runs between 0 and 255, but the actual conversion to percent only works in the expected useful range of 0 to 100% (and the lamp dims in the range 0 to 100 on the slider in the expected way).

did I do something wrong here, or is this not the expected behaviour?

I have a problem, I think in rest-api.
I am using Influxdb v1, item OnOff type.
I’m trying to display its state history on the timeline widget in the HabPanel. The state is always zero.
In fact, I have a snapshot of Build # 2076, but my problem has been around for a very long time and still persists. I already reported about it here, but since did not receive any feedback, I want to try again here.
Maybe someone who uses InfluxDB will be able to check the result of a restAPI request for an onoff type items. Thank you!

What authentication are you using with the API? Basic or token?

I don’t know what you are asking about. I entered the administration using a login and password and then made a request in the api explorer.

I also have this error. I thought it ras related to the new tr-064 binding connected to my fritz box 7360, whose FritzOS is rather old (6.83)

This Error was reported for RC1, not M5. If You are on RC1, pease follow the according thread which also provides a fix from @ysc.

Sorry I assumed an external app was using the API.

If I recall correctly you need to delete your OH2 db to fix the persistence.

I have a completely clean installation

thanks for your feedback. I managed to get M5 running, well … sort of. It seemed to discover most things but for example could not show the basic UI sitemap. So I got an impression of the new concepts but had no confidence in this migration and would rather try again with the final release, if a stable upgrade process for openhabian seems available.
Unfortunately I have limited time for trials and also only have one hardware available (RPi4) which I need to work reliably ‘in production’.

I would also prefer to change the standard persistence service before trying another migration (I already got rid of the 1.x bindings which are no longer supported).

I understand also mapdb won’t exist in OH3. What would be the future ‘standard’ persistence for OH3 as mapdb was in OH2?
(sorry for asking just like this, I simply did not yet have time to learn what persistence to use in OH3).

thanks jjhh

Two items

1. I found that a restart (or two) and the basic UI was back.
  2. Mapdb is fine in OH3, but you have to delete the old OH2 files before it will work. There are some posts on that subject.

Bob

1 Like

OH3 M5 - Location card does not display the number of alarms

I want to use the feature of displaying the number of alarms on a location card as described under #556.

alarmNumber of alarms (after the title)
Point_Alarm hasLocation (the location) If no matching item found: Point_Alarm isPointOf (any equipment) hasLocation (the location)
Count those with the state ON: if any result, display the count after the title as shown.

So i defined

After toggling the switch to ON i had the hope that the location card Keller 2 showed the alarm icon next to the location title but nothing happened.

Any ideas what i have made wrong ?

Any help is appriciated.

Only if you had openHAB 3 connect and store data prior to the fix (way back in M2 I think). If you didn’t connect with OH 3 prior to that point you should not have to delete anything.

1 Like

I think i found from persistence influxdb. The problem is that when i delete an item in the logging i can’t find any rule that says it’s removed. I remove a entire items file, first only the channels and then items also, but i don’t see anything’s getting removed. So it’s normal that influx is saying that it is already existing it is not removed when i deleted an item or updated to openhab3. I will search a work around…

Hello,

I have an issue with a string query with OH 3 RC1.

Short
if (OKExecute==“OK”) query is entered with OH 2.5 (this is what I want)
but NOT entered with OH 3.
Please tell what I’m doing wrong - THX.
Please have a look at the details

Details
OH 2.5.10

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.152-b76, mixed mode, Evaluation)

rule “Test1”
when
Item TestSwitch1 changed to ON
then

logInfo(“Log”,“test rule start” )

var String OKExecute=executeCommandLine("/opt/openhab2/conf/scripts/lock122.sh", 100)

logInfo(“Log”,"OKExecute Value 1 " + OKExecute)

if (OKExecute==“OK”)
{
logInfo(“Log”,"OKExecute Value 2 " + OKExecute)
}

logInfo(“Log”,“test rule end” )

sendCommand(TestSwitch1, OFF)
end

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /opt/openhab2/conf/scripts/lock122.sh
mkdir /tmp/lock122 && [ -d “/tmp/lock122” ] && echo “OK”

tail openhab.log
2020-12-19 10:20:11.987 [INFO ] [g.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.Log] - test rule start
2020-12-19 10:20:12.050 [INFO ] [g.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.Log] - OKExecute Value 1 OK
2020-12-19 10:20:12.054 [INFO ] [g.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.Log] - OKExecute Value 2 OK //the if query WAS entered
2020-12-19 10:20:12.057 [INFO ] [g.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.Log] - test rule end

OH 3.0.0.RC1 - Milestone Build

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ java -version
openjdk version “11.0.9.1” 2020-11-06 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.43+100-CA (build 11.0.9.1+1-LTS)
OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.43+100-CA (build 11.0.9.1+1-LTS, mixed mode)

rule “Test1”
when
Item TestSwitch1 changed to ON
then

logInfo(“Log”,“test rule start” )
var String OKExecute = executeCommandLine(Duration.ofSeconds(1),"/opt/openhab/conf/scripts/lock122.sh")

logInfo(“Log”,"OKExecute Value 1 " + OKExecute)

if (OKExecute==“OK”)
{
logInfo(“Log”,"OKExecute Value 2 " + OKExecute)
}

logInfo(“Log”,“test rule end” )

sendCommand(TestSwitch1, OFF)
end

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /opt/openhab/conf/scripts/lock122.sh
mkdir /tmp/lock122 && [ -d “/tmp/lock122” ] && echo “OK”

tail openhab.log
2020-12-19 10:32:01.700 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Log ] - test rule start
2020-12-19 10:32:01.735 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Log ] - OKExecute Value 1 OK //the if query WAS NOT entered
2020-12-19 10:32:01.743 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Log ] - test rule end

Many THX for your help

Klaus

Sorry it was kind of “forgotten” in the implementation. You should have them in RC2 (but not next to the title, along with the other icons).

Thank you for your feedback and for your awesome work.

1 Like