openHAB 3.0 Milestone 5 discussion

193 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.0.202012131813      │ openHAB UI :: Bundles :: Main UI

I guess this is the budle which should be updated?
Just to be sure I rebooted my RPi.

It works now!

2 Likes

Problems with new UI and pushover
I am not able to use the new Ui and make a rule where the action is a pushover message.
I can’t find a place to define the text message and the code for the rules looks like:

When I run the rule I get the error:

The following rule generated from a text rule works:

Is it possible to start moving to OH3 M5 and simply update to final OH3?
Whats the preferred way moving from a test installation in windows to a docker installation?

I believe RC1 will be released within the next day. It is intended to always be able to move forward. You would need to change repos to stable first though.

Oh. I told @cweitkamp everything worked fine, but I never realized there was a GUI part as well, I only tried the script way. I can confirm that it doesn’t work using the GUI. I don’t even really know where to tell it which message to send?

@Erling, there is already an issue open for this. That is a problem for all binding Actions (publishMQTT, sendTextEmail, etc.). They don’t show a place to enter the needed information to call the action…

1 Like

here is already an issue open for this. That is a problem for all binding Actions (publishMQTT, sendTextEmail, etc.). They don’t show a place to enter the needed information to call the action…

IMO that sounds like an issue that should block stable release, but I am not a developer.

2 Likes

Great to see the changes up to now! :+1:

In the script section, there should be a blockly option IMO:

Do I need to open an issue with https://github.com/openhab/openhab-webui/issues ?

1 Like

An issue is already open. In the mean time:

• create the rule
  • create the script action
  • save the rule
  • return to the rule and click on the edit icon for the Script Action

You should now see a button to start a Blockly rule. Otherwise start typing the JavaScript.

There are other related issues covered by the same issue regarding that list.

1 Like

In the script section, there should be a blockly option IMO:

You mean like this? It has been merged.

RC1 is out - already updated with apt
I only get a lot of
[.core.io.rest.internal.DTOMapperImpl] - Field ‘firmwareStatus’ could not be eliminated: Can not set final org.openhab.core.thing.firmware.dto.FirmwareStatusDTO field org.openhab.core.io.rest.core.thing.EnrichedThingDTO.firmwareStatus to null value

when using the GUI

I knew it was coming today but is is usually better to wait for the announcement. I think they test before they announce.

Yes, it does. But from our pov it is not because the actions can be used without limitations in rules. It is not straight forward to solve and we definitely will not be able to figure out a viable solution before OH 3 release. Here is a link with detailed information.

I have set up a dimmer item for a lamp that accepts values between 0 and 255 for brightness settings (corresponding to off and 100% respectively). I set up a percentage type channel with what I think are the appropriate absolute min and absolute max limits, as well as an on and off command.
then i create an item linked to this channel which is a dimmer type item.

The dimmer type item now shows a slider that runs between 0 and 255, but the actual conversion to percent only works in the expected useful range of 0 to 100% (and the lamp dims in the range 0 to 100 on the slider in the expected way).

did I do something wrong here, or is this not the expected behaviour?

I have a problem, I think in rest-api.
I am using Influxdb v1, item OnOff type.
I’m trying to display its state history on the timeline widget in the HabPanel. The state is always zero.
In fact, I have a snapshot of Build # 2076, but my problem has been around for a very long time and still persists. I already reported about it here, but since did not receive any feedback, I want to try again here.
Maybe someone who uses InfluxDB will be able to check the result of a restAPI request for an onoff type items. Thank you!

What authentication are you using with the API? Basic or token?

I don’t know what you are asking about. I entered the administration using a login and password and then made a request in the api explorer.

I also have this error. I thought it ras related to the new tr-064 binding connected to my fritz box 7360, whose FritzOS is rather old (6.83)

This Error was reported for RC1, not M5. If You are on RC1, pease follow the according thread which also provides a fix from @ysc.

Sorry I assumed an external app was using the API.

If I recall correctly you need to delete your OH2 db to fix the persistence.