openHAB 3.0 Milestone 5 discussion

Done #1926

2 Likes

Thanks.
That was opened in core, not UI Hopefully @ysc can move it.

Thatā€™s ok, because it seems that such an action actually does not exist at all - so @ysc would have a hard time to add it in the UI :wink: .

1 Like

Looks like a bug, you should have a form below the checkbox item to complete the item details. If you can share reproduction steps please do so.

Maybe a really small issue: If you follow the docker link on next.openhab.org, the text will link to Milestone 4 (instead of 5).

I have the same problem.
In Location add a new location (room).
In that room i select Create Equipment from thing.
I select a thing and also a channel but i still get this message.

1 Like

@Marijn_Oudijk @tnemrap

Iā€™m also having this issue when trying to create equipment from point. So far itā€™s only occurring with Hue devices.

Has anyone created an issue yet?

Thank you Scott!

Iā€™ll clean up and try to reproduce.
Let you all know the outcome

1 Like

If you follow the docker link on next.openhab.org, the text will link to Milestone 4 (instead of 5).

I see it pointing directly to Docker Hub.

Obtaining the Official image from DockerHub
Docker Hub has the basic information necessary to acquire and run the Docker image. Please review those instructions before continuing to select the correct image for your machine and download the image.

1 Like

Seems like thereā€™s something more going worng. With an other thing (not HUE, but an Innogy thermostat):

• select Thing
  • goto Channels
  • select ā€˜Add Equipment to Modelā€™
  • changel Equipment Label to something meaningfull
    -change Equipment Category (to heating)
    -leave Semantic Class on ā€˜Equipmentā€™
    -Select all showed (4) channels
    ā€“> all the channels are expanded, item-names are shown

Now when I want to change the Type (from Number to Number: Temperature) Iā€™m instantly returned to the previous screen (showing the channels) without adding the items.

Is there a log or trace-file I could check?

UPDATE:
This seems to be solved by restarting my RPi

Iā€™m away from my computer, so sorry no screenshot. Iā€™m wondering if my issue is different than yours or perhaps they are related. When I select a channel (or hit select all) when creating equipment from thing (on a Hur color bulb), the drop down for the Color channel doesnā€™t appear, so I have no option to select a name or label for the new item. If I hit ā€œcreateā€ anyways, the selected but invisible channel is not created, and if itā€™s the only channel selected, I get the same error.

When adding a schedule tag to an existing rule, the tag wonā€™t be saved.

After saving I get ā€œRule updatedā€, but when returning back to the rule at a later stage, the tag is missing.

EDIT: Found the reason: After entering the tag you need to hit return, so the tag will trasferred in the line above. Then it will be saved. From UX view, a tag should also be saved when, the user did not hit return, but choses Ctrl-S or clicks save instead.

1 Like

Iā€™ve removed my things and installed them again.
I have a HUE:0210 which has two channels:
Color --> when I select this, no drop-down menu is shown.
Color Temperature --> when I select this one I can set the name/label/type of the item.

So it seems to be related to specifically the color channel.

1 Like

With a hue:0220 that I have this works as expected, I tried in both Chrome & Firefox.

Try to check in the browser developer tools console if you have an error message.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with channels / items - I experienced the exact same issue noted by @Marijn_Oudijk, but a restart seemed to fix that.

However, when I go to create the linked items from equipment for my LIFX lights, it will create colour temperature and signal strength, but wonā€™t create the colour item. I have to go back and create each item manually and then link manually - this isnā€™t the end of the world, but since itā€™s happening with Hue and LIFX, looks like it might be a bug rather than a binding issue (my initial assumption).

Steps to reproduce below:

1. I want to recreate the same items I have for the entrance light in the bathroom. I click on ā€˜Create Equipment from Thingā€™

2. I select all channels to add to model - I get the dropdown for all except the Color one. I click Add to Model.

3. I get items for Temperature and Signal Strength, but nothing for color?

I donā€™t see anything in the logs about this (i.e. no errors saying ā€˜cannot add channelā€™ or something like that).

Definitely a minor issue, as the workaround is pretty obvious, but let me know if I can provide more info in order to solve it!

1 Like

I mean the text:

Yes, thereā€™s an error as soon as I select the check-box:

toggle check
app.js:7 TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
    at app.js:22
    at Array.find (<anonymous>)
    at o.toggleItemCheck (app.js:22)
    at o.selectChannel (app.js:22)
    at qe (app.js:7)
    at o.n (app.js:7)
    at o.e.$emit (app.js:7)
    at change (app.js:22)

Iā€™m using Chome, not sure if thatā€™s important or not.
Edit: same error is occuring with Edge

That is the Download page not the Docker one. That has been reported elsewhere.Docker is not even mentioned on that page.

RC1 is supposed to be released tomorrow anyway,

Thanks!
I believe I actually fixed it recently.
Can you try this in the openHAB console:

bundle:update org.openhab.ui https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-WebUI/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.ui/target/org.openhab.ui-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

This will update the UI to the most recent version. Refresh the page of course, and tell me if it works better.

(By the way: you now have an ā€œexpert modeā€ to add items from a thing now!)

1 Like