openHAB 3.0 Milestone 5 discussion

I thought it best to get that correct before you git an upgrade “surprise”.

Same problem for the Windows version just right now (12.12.2020, 22:10 CET):

While I am quite aware of the fact that 90% plus all of users are on Linux it would be nice if the links for other officially supported OS combinations would also be updated (and this is not the first time).

1 Like

. I did not notice that the myopenhab.com is not working and thus Alexa is broken.

The service is working with OH3, as is Alexa integration. You might want to check the logs why its not working for you. It’s not clear if you upgraded or installed a new system? If a new system, it’s possible your UUID changed and you need to change that in your myopenhab.org account.

I highly recommend looking into Windows subsystem for Linux. It’s also pretty easy to figure out how to find other versions of the download, just look at the path for

and adjust accordingly.

That is exactly what I did as a workaround.
However the first best way should be that the page is maintained for all officially supported OS. So I just wanted to point to that. So instead of telling people to convert to Linux or to force them to wonder themselvers how the URL logic is built it would be more constructive to say " thank you for the construtive hint, we will update this". :wink:

It’s an open source project, you could make the update yourself :grinning:

No, I am not sure that the official download section of the homepage is also maintainable .
But after looking at the page again for all OS combinations I have to clarify: It is not only MacOS or Windows, but ALL Links are outdated, even the one for Linux:

So the hint to the maintainers is rather not to forget the Update of this Page when the next milestone is released. But as most Linux users do not download from that page but use apt/get the other OS combinations are definitely more affected.

Yeah, sorry about that. It will get sorted by the time the release comes out.

1 Like

I highly recommend looking into Windows subsystem for Linux

Be careful. I tried Docker with WSL2 (Windows 10 Home) and Microsoft removed access to USB devices in WSL2. :frowning:

It will be coming back, and it should still work with WSL1.

1 Like

Docker does not work well with WSL1 & Windows 10 Home, does it? I have been focussing lately on using Docker for OH.

A quick google search brought up this: Setting Up Docker for Windows and WSL to Work Flawlessly — Nick Janetakis

1 Like

Hopefully they fix WSL2. Having a true Linux kernel helps a lot with compatibility.

That link is a workaround for the default flawed Docker installation though.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: To group or not to group

A post was split to a new topic: Issues on CentOS

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but…
Installed OH3 M5.

When I try to add equipment (or point) to model I get a pop-up stating I have to select at least one channel. The channel (HUE brightness) is selected though. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

1 Like

I’m trying to convert some of my DSL V1 rules to OH3. I would like to have an option to modify the item value in the following screen

In the rule I use as action

OU_Weather_Actual_Rain_avg.postUpdate(OU_Weather_Actual_Rain.averageSince(now().minusMinutes(120),"rrd4j"))

If I use this code in a execute a given script it gives an error, but if I copy the .rules file to conf\rules it works.

I copy the .rules file to conf\rules it works.

Try copying in the .riles file and check what the UI or REST API state for the rule. That may give some insight. That is what I would try anyway.

I will do that for debugging purposes. But I think that besides the 3 “core actions” it would make sense to also include an “update item value” action.

Feature requests should be opened as Issues on GitHub. That permits developers who are not here to work on things too.