openHAB 3.4 Milestone discussion

+1

It doesn’t matter whether you run manually a rule or a script:

1 Like

FTR: The 415 with runNow is fixed in [rest] Fix missing backward compatibility in rules/runNow by J-N-K · Pull Request #3225 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub

4 Likes

Yes, I should find some time. Btw review/polishing made great process in the last days.

1 Like

There exists a problem in sitemap UI editor when using group element:

When switching to code window, syntax error occurs:

@davesen The syntax error is actually on the line before. Your group needs an item as a parameter. So there is a real syntax error. The parser sometimes shows the error in a later line, as it tries to analyse the whole widget in one go.

To have it mentioned here. With a joined effort we were able to bring the PR for the iCloud binding to a mergeable state. Thanks to @lsiepel & @laursen .
First feedback from the community here is promising: iCloud Binding Communication Error - #499 by John_Cunha. On top its running in my “production” system without any errors so far.

4 Likes

Hello,

From the 3.4 Milestone 6 I only get current values ​​from the 11 Shelly adapters once shortly after the start and then no more current values ​​from all 11 Shelly adapters!

All adapters are displayed online. The Shelly Manager also works, but also no longer shows the current UpTime/Temp/Messages, for example, but the last value after starting Openhab.

• Resetting/restarting the Shellys doesn’t fix the problem.
  • Restarting OpenHab or the Pi leads to the same problem.
  • The snapshot 3.4.3222/3223/3224 have the same problem.
  • All Milestones M1 to M5 did not have this problem.

I ask for correction of this error.
Or was something fundamental changed that needs to be adjusted?

Thanks very much.

I see only one PR related to shelly that was merged between M5 and M6:

Hello, I only use Shelly Plug S!

I think my Openhab/Linux/Java installation on my Pi has an error after updating from Openhab 3.4 M5 to Openhab 3.4 M6 and rebooting!

I haven’t had that since I started using an SSD. With an SD card very often.

I’ll set up a completely new system tomorrow and will report whether the error with the shellys will then be gone.

First…thank you for the effort you are doing all time :slight_smile:

May I ask you if this Eclipse installation fails due to incompatible plug-ins · Issue #1423 · openhab/openhab-distro · GitHub will be added to openhab 3.4?

I am asking because I struggling with the eclipse setup right now for programming a new plugin.

I installed the SNAPSHOT version and I can verify it’s fixed. BTW, the time between loading the script file and adding the first rule took about 80 seconds.

1 Like

I have just upgraded to RC1 and now my ZWave binding stopped working.
The following is thrown on console:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver

Any idea ??

Can you check if feature:list | grep openhab-transport-serial returns installed or not? If it is not installed, try feature:install openhab-transport-serial (maybe restarting after that is a good idea, I’m not sure if all features are refreshed after that). If it is installed, please show the result of bundle:list -s | grep serial.

Thanks for your reply Jan, here is the output :

openhab>  feature:list | grep openhab-transport-serial
openhab-transport-serial                          x 3.4.0.RC1        x          x Started     x distro-3.4.0.RC1                                x Serial Transport
openhab> bundle:list -s | grep serial
294 x Active x  80 x 3.4.0.RC1              x org.openhab.core.config.discovery.usbserial.linuxsysfs
295 x Active x  80 x 3.4.0.RC1              x org.openhab.core.config.discovery.usbserial.ser2net
299 x Active x  80 x 3.4.0.RC1              x org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial.rxtx
300 x Active x  80 x 3.4.0.RC1              x org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial.rxtx.rfc2217

EDIT:
Tried to stop bundles 299 and 300. Restarting bundle 299 throws the error show in my other post.

EDIT2:
Strange, another restart of openHAB fixed the issue.

I am trying a second installation to check if this is systematic or not.
Edit: did not encounter the problem that time, so the issue is not systematic.

Since upgrading to RC1 my logs are being flooded with Shelly Warnings. Everything seems to function ‘OK’ but the warnings are persistent. I don’t recall seeing this in M5.

2022-12-18 11:19:12.116 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly25-relay:68c63afb97dd tried checking if channel meter2#lastUpdate is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:19.059 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:19.060 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly1:500291edbc4c tried checking if channel device#heartBeat is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:19.060 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:19.061 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly1:500291edf91d tried checking if channel device#heartBeat is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:27.123 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:27.124 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly25-relay:68c63afb97dd tried checking if channel device#heartBeat is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:27.126 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly25-relay:68c63afb97dd tried checking if channel meter1#lastUpdate is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:27.126 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly25-relay:68c63afb97dd tried checking if channel meter2#lastUpdate is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:34.303 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:34.304 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly1:500291edbc4c tried checking if channel device#heartBeat is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:34.307 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-12-18 11:19:34.308 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shelly1:500291edf91d tried checking if channel device#heartBeat is linked although the handler was already disposed.

Have you restated OH? I have seen this a few times after an upgrade and a restart has always resolved.

1 Like

Yes I’ve restarted at least 3 times after I upgraded to RC1. My standard practice is to remove temp snd cache then restart 3 times after an upgrade, but I can try again.

UPDATE: I restarted again and at least for the moment the flood of warnings has stopped. Must be timing issue with things be loaded at startup. At any rate thank you for your suggestion as it worked.

Can any other Shelly user confirm that issue (I assume it is the same as [shelly] shellyem3 in 3.4.0.M6 update of status is not working anymore · Issue #13961 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub)? Maybe @hmerk?
@markus7017 As you are the maintainer of that binding, are you able to comment?

1 Like

I cannot confirm that issue, my 43 Shelly devices work as expected with RC1.

1 Like