openHAB 3.4 Release discussion

Another issue I found is using icons.
I have a group icon using a custom png icon:

Group     gSonosBad                   "Sonos"             <sonos>          (gBadezimmer)    ["Speaker"]

This is shown successfully in the items editor in the main UI:

But in the model the icon is not shown:
2022-12-20 10_47_34-openHAB

I have also other items with custom png icons that show the icon successfully in the model as well.

Can you confirm that your system reaches Start Level 100?
If there are broken/uninitialized things itā€™s possible that itā€™s still stuck on 70.
You can check the status e.g. with the RestAPI

Sorry that Iā€™m so late in contacting you about the Shellys, but I was sick.

https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab-3-4-milestone-discussion/138093/161?u=dikay1969

The Shellys work perfectly with OpenHab 3.4 and the items are updated cyclically and permanently.

In the 3.4 Milestone 6, ā€œECMA Script 2021 Edition 11ā€ no longer worked for me at the same time, maybe that also had an effect on the Shellys. The developers will know. I didnā€™t try the RC1 again after that.

Hi,

I just upgraded my docker to OH 3.4.
I see issues with the addon ā€œBose SoundTouch Bindingā€.
There are no spontaneous events present in events.log.
Does anyone face same issues?

Thanks!

You were both correct: After going to 3.4, Gardena did not connect anymore (Error 403 Forbidden, {"Message":"User is not authorized to access this resource with an explicit deny"}), leading to uninitialized systems and this never reaching Start Level 100.

Interestingly I had to delete the entire application under https://developer.husqvarnagroup.cloud for the connection to the Gardena Smart System Account to work again.

With respect to the new default units:
dust and gas is measured in kg/mĀ³? Is this serious, how can I fix my configuration again?

Kind regards

I am still in 3.3 stable and have the same issue - thank you the fix :slight_smile:

You need to include the unit you want in the itemā€™s state description. If youā€™re using .items files, you do it like this:

Number:Dimensionless Bedroom_PM25 ā€œBedroom PM 2.5 [%d ppb]

If you use MainUI, itā€™s under the itemā€™s metadata:

All my Hue lights are showing ā€œError:Bridgeā€ . How do you change to https and how do you clean the cache. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for your advise. But these figures are not dimensionless but density. Your purpose leads to an error.

Thatā€™s why he said ā€œlikeā€, it is an example not a tailored solution just for you.
Bear in mind the units that you do want are still a secret from us.

If you are using sitemap files and have specified [state presentation] in the labels there, you will need to fix those (or remove to use Item unit instead)

From his screenshot Iā€™m assuming he wants ug/mĀ³.

I am still convinced the whole unit of measurements concept is/was something that we call ā€œbear serviceā€ :rofl: in Germany.

If pm2.5 for example is
10 Mikrogramm pro Kubikmeter [Āµg/mĀ³]
with this method is shown
= 1,0Ɨ10-8 Kilogramm pro Kubikmeter [kg/mĀ³]
or
0,000 000 01 Kilogramm pro Kubikmeter [kg/mĀ³]
This does not make sense.

Another way (I do not know how) could be to set up a transformation rule for any affected item.
This would be annoying.

Kind regards

I think we need more information. What binding/channel are you using? Whatā€™s the full item definition? Your latest comment sounds to me like your binding is sending just a DecimalType, and youā€™re using a Number:Density without a state description to define the unit. With 3.4.0 OpenHAB will now assume a default unit for every dimensioned item. But if your binding isnā€™t sending dimensioned (QuantityType) data, you might as well just use a plain Number item. Then you can be sure that no conversions will take place. If you want conversions to take place, youā€™ll need to work with the bindingā€™s author (or the config, if say itā€™s coming from MQTT) to make sure itā€™s coming in with the proper units so that conversions will make sense.

Maxi ask this stupid question?? How to find out in which state openhab is? @rossko57

ā€œRawā€ state of an Item? Quick reliable way is to inspect your events.log for a state change.

no, thatā€™s not needed.

First of all: what kind of unit information do you get from the binding?
=> the channel particulateMatter2dot5? delivers Number:Density and ā€œCurrent or forecasted density of particles less than 2.5 Āµm in diameter.ā€ - which shold be around 5 Āµg/mĀ³. The binding will update the item with letā€™s say 2.07 Āµg/mĀ³ bear in mind, the binding will tell the unit Āµg/mĀ³ in this case.
Second of all: what initial unit configuration does the binding have? I donā€™t have the openweathermap binding installed, but I reckon it should come preconfigured with Āµg/mĀ³ as the unit for the particulateMatter2dot5 channel.
So: either your update messed up something or it came without any UoM in the first place. Then your previous OH-installation would just display a Numer 2.07. But now: that OH3.4 does have some standard UoMs (I reckon kg/mĀ³ for Number:Density?) your OH displays that.

What to do: change your metadata to Āµg/mĀ³ and you should be fine and the conversion should be made automagically.

But note that if using sitemap based GUI, the sitemap can override Item default and make another conversion, for display only.

1 Like

I mean when the start level changed from openhab from 70 to 80 and so on is there a variable?

oh. thatā€™s right. on sitemap there should be also the Āµg/mĀ³ ā€œconversionā€.
Remember: UoM is magic! You could put in Mt/mĀ³ and still geht Āµg/mĀ³ as displayed.
Also Remember: the metadata on the item is responsible for persistence. If you like OH-graphs, be sure to change that to a UoM of your liking beforehand - a change afterwards doesnā€™t affect persisted values - so you could have incorrect graphs if changing in the middle of the day.