Openhab 3 AmazonEchoControl Slow PLAYER channel

Dear all,

i am using the AmazonEchonControl binding since several years and i am very happy about it.
But, since some time (cant say exactly since when) the response of the PLAYER channel is very slow (if even working).
In case i turn music on a echo show device i am getting a really delayed change in the PLAYER channel (PAUSE->PLAY).
Strange thing is, that other channels are super fast (for example last voice command).

As a workaround i tried to use the last voice command channel to detect playing music. But this didnt work…

2023-07-27 08:25:55.791 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'EchoBuro_LetzterSprachbefehl' changed from alexa to spiel donau drei f. m.
2023-07-27 08:25:55.804 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID '6cf0271241' failed: TypeError: Sprachbefehl.indexOf is not a function in <eval> at line number 7

I am using Openhab 3.4.2 on a RPI3b+ and AmazonEchonControl binding Version 3.4.2.

Does anyone have a similar problem or is it only me?
I am using German Amazon (Connected to: https://alexa.amazon.de).

Dear all,
short update: I still do have the same issue. The AmazonEchoControl response is really slow.
Now also the last voice command channel is very slow too. So i am not able to use my work around anymore.
Can anyone help with this issue? Do you have the same issue? If yes: have you been able to fix it?

Hi,

I have the same issue but with the nextTimer channel.
Last time i set a timer on a echo, the channel was updated 5min later, so it is not really usable for me now…

Thats really sad. Big part of my smart home system is based on this binding …
Maybe @J-N-K can help?
I can also post some log files if this help. However, dont know where to find them.

player and associated metadata channels are not updated here too.
Only get’s updated when i press “pause” on the player control. When i press “play” again media progress is updated until the end of the current song, then everything get’s stuck again.
(Interestingly the old web ui under alexa.amazon.de had the same issue of getting stuck at end of the song, but it used to work with the openhab binding).
And i have to press “Play” two times because after the first time it changes back to Pause for whatever reason:

2023-10-12 11:48:06.736 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Andrees2EchoDot_Musikwiedergabe' received command PLAY
2023-10-12 11:48:06.737 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Andrees2EchoDot_Musikwiedergabe' predicted to become PLAY
2023-10-12 11:48:06.738 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Andrees2EchoDot_Musikwiedergabe' changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2023-10-12 11:48:08.312 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Andrees2EchoDot_Musikwiedergabe' changed from PLAY to PAUSE

(same behaviour with the 4.0.3 version from openhab-addons as well as the 4.0.0 from smarthomej)

Same here.
Openhab 4.0.3 and the Title channel updates every… I don’t know, like 20 minutes?
Pressing pause has the same behaviour Andree explained. Also, if I go to the channel and just hit Save it gets updated.

Since I couldn’t find any solution to this in the forums, maybe my fault, I finally made a workaround with a rule that triggers when echo media progress changes to 100 then pauses playback, waits for 1 second and resumes playback.
The title, at least, gets updated on time.
Hope this helps someone.