Openhab 3 and knx

Hi there,

I’m about to upgrade my OH 2.5.x installation to OH 3.x. I successfully used the knx binding in the past with manual config for the binding itself and the channels in the according .things file. What is the approach in OH 3? I created the knx thing over the UI but there’s no possibility, to add the channels there. Is adding channels still a manual process and if yes, how does the things file look like, if part of the thing definition is done in the ui and the rest in the things file?

Thanks,

1 Like

I’ve migrated my KNX to openHAB3 too last week. I decided to keep my well organised and working knx.things file.

I see no point currently to “re-create” the KNX things again.

After that, I’ve filled the model through create equipment/point from thing.

This worked perfect for me and gives me confidence, that I got the things for the KNX part correctly.

1 Like

Are you sure?
I have the possibility to do so.

After adding a first channel, i usually switch to the code view where can add additional channels with copy paste.

just to shameful to post here what the reason was :see_no_evil: Thank you for guiding me in the right direction!

1 Like

The ui is brandnew. No need to be ashamed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a documentation for the syntax of knx binding in new ui ?
I didn`t found anything

Hi @carrack

The syntax should be the same as for textual configuration,
which is documented in the addons doc page.

See: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/knx/#group-address-notation

Example from the docs:

Type rollershutter : demoRollershutter "Shade"       [ upDown="4/3/50+4/3/51", stopMove="4/3/52+4/3/53", position="4/3/54+<4/3/55" ]

Should be similar in UI:

To be fair, the group-notation doc part looks a bit technical, because it includes all possibilities.
You should cross check the notation with some of the examples to get a faster overview. :slight_smile: