Openhab 3 UI not works

Hello,

I have reinstalled openhabian 3 on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2.
before, the Pi was running openhabian 2 without any problems.

The installation also ran without error messages.
I can access via ssh and I have set the PI to a fixed IP.

Everything runs without error messages.
But I can’t access openhabian 3 via the fixed IP and port 8080.

What could be the problem?

Best regards
WST-MP

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Kernel = Linux 5.4.83-v7l+

Platform = Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2

Uptime = 0 day(s). 0:0:33

CPU Usage = 8.19% avg over 4 cpu(s) (4 core(s) x 1 socket(s))

CPU Load = 1m: 0.40, 5m: 0.11, 15m: 0.04

Memory = Free: 3.50GB (93%), Used: 0.28GB (7%), Total: 3.78GB

Swap = Free: 2.58GB (100%), Used: 0.00GB (0%), Total: 2.58GB

Root = Free: 23.12GB (83%), Used: 4.64GB (17%), Total: 28.98GB

Updates = 0 apt updates available.

Sessions = 1 session(s)

Processes = 127 running processes of 32768 maximum processes

Which release (stable/unstable) of OH3 did you install?
There was some problem with snapshot build. See here:
OH3 MainUI, Browser shows blank page after login - Add-ons / UIs - openHAB Community

There is no such thing.
It is called openHAB 3.

Is there any error message in /var/log/openhab.log ?
what does

sudo netstat -tulpn

show ?

There is no port in LISTENing mode that belongs to a java process.
There must be a generic problem that it is not running / working.
Try to start openhab manually:

sudo systemctl start openhab

Check the status of the service

sudo systemctl status openhab

What is the output of the status ?
If it is not running but shows an error message like exited or what ever in the upper part of the returned message then please run

sudo journalctl  | grep openhab

Please also have a look to the content of the file /var/log/openhab/openhab.log if it explains what went wrong.
I see that you run frontail ( port 9001 ) you may have a look and check if you can see messages about the problem in the browser. In that case you do not need to open the file manually.

Just to check:

java -version

shows that Zulu 11.X is installed ?

Hello,

I have now entered the commands and attached the results as a picture.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-20 um 08.52.41

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-20 um 08.59.01

Your first picture shows a permission issue for the temp folder. Please use “fix permissions” in openHABian.

Thank you for your help.
That was exactly the problem.

Now I can start Openhab 3.

Best regards

Great, please mark this topic as solved then.

another reason why UI stops working could be that there is a page/chart which does not have a label.
have a look at the file /userdata/jsondb/uicomponents_ui_page.json and verify that all pages have
a label in the section “config” which is within “value”. You can fix it there directly. Take care of permissions and ownerships and the restart OH.
(This problem can happen when you create pages through API and forget to set the label)

Hi all,
I am facing the same problem currently, which means I cannot reach Main UI.

Description of the issue:
The chrome tab is loading and loading but never reaches the UI. Also Andriod App is loading only. myopenhab.org shows OH is offline which is in fact not correct. OH has been started and indeed it’s working - rules are fired (e.g. garden lights went on and off, Broadcast Notifications are sent, …).
I have several tablets showing Habpanel. The tablets with habpanel running (Fully Kiosk browser) are showing it, but no response on any switch for example. But the status is updated but with a big time delay (not sure about the exact time, but in a range of >15mins roughly). Some item’s status is combined with a broadcast notification which is sent just in time, so no delay. One tablet was off when the problem occured (or was recognized), there Fully kiosk browser is loading but habpabel never appears there.

Possible related topics / root-cause (?):

• I installed Mail binding, Pushover binding (which was uninstalled shortly after) and Telegramm binding
  • I recognized that Pushover binding was loading and loading but not shown as installed in the UI. After refreshing the page, it was shown as installed and thing’s setup could by done. Mail binding was installed before, but I do not know it was also the case (loading but not finishing). But binding was installed and Thing could be configured.
  • Telegramm binding shows the same behaviour during installation, which means the blue circle which indicates installation process is running was there all the time. After refreshing Chrome, it was shown as installed. Normaly it takes only a short time and then is showning installed directly wihtout refresh. Not sure if this indicates any problem?
  • I installed Dropbox on the PC where OH is running. After the issue was recognized, I’ve checked the www and google said Dropbox is also on ports 8080/8443 - Dropbox was uninstalled therefore.
  • Since Mail binding was not working (=Mails were not sent) and since I was pretty sure that the config and rule was correct, I tried to update OH from 3.2.0.M4 to 3.2.0.M5. Update process was finished without any issue.

What I already did:

• restart OH / Windows-PC where OH is running several times
  • clear cache and tmp several times
  • check ports 8080 and 8443 ==> it’s shown java (should be correct?)
  • I’ve checked the logs and did not find any related entry. Indeed there are a few WARNings during startup, but as far as I remember, there were such entries in the past also. Furthermore, there are no recurrent warnings and OH seems to work properly (rules, Notifications, hardware zigbee switches, …)
  • bundle:list in the console shows all as Active (not sure if this is somehow helpful at all)
  • Mail and Telegramm binding were uninstalled via console - but this did not solve the issue

I guess that it’s somehow related to the installation of Dropbox and therefore sort of port issue. To be honest I am not sure about the exact timing of Dropbox installation / binding installations and OH update. Maybe something went wrong during any installation or update process due a port issue while Dropbox was running?

I had several issues in the past, but Main UI was somehow giving a hint because a certain Thing was offline or anything like that. But since I cannot access UI, I have no idea - beside clearing cache and tmp + restart, which did not solve it…

Does anyone have an idea where to look at? I’m lost at the moment…

Edit @ 2021-12-16 / 20:15:
after a few trials (restart, …) I was able to acces Main UI for a few seconds directly after OH startup. Unfortunately the time was too short for any further click…

Due to that fact, I guess something happens after startup (instead of a general problem like ports are blocked). Checking openhab.log brings me to following conspicuousness:

• rrd4j persistance errors:
2021-12-16 19:58:10.109 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'QueryablePersistenceService.query()' on 'org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService@7cad2ea9': Value must be between 0 and 100
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value must be between 0 and 100
	at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.validateValue(PercentType.java:93) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.<init>(PercentType.java:52) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.mapToState(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:415) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.query(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:272) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor129.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
2021-12-16 19:58:10.125 [ERROR] [ence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while querying persistence service 'rrd4j': Value must be between 0 and 100
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value must be between 0 and 100
	at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.validateValue(PercentType.java:93) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.library.types.PercentType.<init>(PercentType.java:52) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.mapToState(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:415) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService.query(RRD4jPersistenceService.java:272) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor129.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
  • kind of SSL config error - not sure if I ever had this before and what that error means and what client is mentioned:
2021-12-16 19:58:01.188 [WARN ] [ty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.config] - Trusting all certificates configured for Client@46086d26[provider=null,keyStore=null,trustStore=null]
2021-12-16 19:58:01.188 [WARN ] [ty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.config] - No Client EndPointIdentificationAlgorithm configured for Client@46086d26[provider=null,keyStore=null,trustStore=null]

==> this error appears twice. Second entry shows a different client-ID.

After those ones, there are only entries coming from rules

logInfo()

OH is running (rules, …) no access to Main UI, Habpabel, Android App.

Is this somehow helpful for troubleshooting?