Openhab 3 with eufy ip Cams

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the binding “IPCamera Binding”. Everything works great, I set up my camera using the RTSP Stream Link but as soon as I save it toggles between online and offline with the error message “FFmpeg Snapshots Stopped: Check your camera can be reached.”

It’s the brand eufy, I’m really a little desperate and hope someone here can help me

I have attached screenshots

in openhab

and picture 2:

On the openHAB side of things it’s much better to post the contents of the Code tab (where available) than screen shots.

When the camera is offline can you bring up the URL in a browser? When ever the binding loses a connection with the camera it goes offline and then attempts to connect again resulting in the Thing jumping between ONLINE and OFFLINE even though the stream itself is OFFLINE. I see this behavior when my WyzeBridge loses connection to the camera. It’s still able to respond to the requests from the IP Camera but it doesn’t have a video stream to serve.

So I can access the camera all the time if I type the RTSP URL into the browser, or rather VLC then opens

I put the code block here (of course I replaced the password and user name)

UID: ipcamera:generic:1e77fc757d
label: Kamera Vordertür
thingTypeUID: ipcamera:generic
configuration:
  mjpegOptions: -q:v 5 -r 2 -vf scale=640:-2 -update 1
  ipAddress: 192.168.178.69
  mjpegUrl: ffmpeg
  updateImageWhen: "0"
  gifPreroll: 0
  ffmpegLocation: /usr/bin/ffmpeg
  ffmpegOutput: /etc/openhab/html/camera1/
  ipWhitelist: DISABLE
  mp4OutOptions: -c:v copy -c:a copy
  pollTime: 1000
  password: pw
  port: 554
  snapshotUrl: ffmpeg
  snapshotOptions: -an -vsync vfr -q:v 2 -update 1
  ffmpegInput: rtsp://user:pw@192.168.178.69/live0
  gifOutOptions: -r 2 -filter_complex
    scale=-2:360:flags=lanczos,setpts=0.5*PTS,split[o1][o2];[o1]palettegen[p];[o2]fifo[o3];[o3][p]paletteuse
  hlsOutOptions: -strict -2 -f lavfi -i aevalsrc=0 -acodec aac -vcodec copy
    -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_time 2 -hls_list_size 4
  username: user

Hi,
The problem here is most likely that the eufy cameras are not providing a 24/7 stream. These cameras are event triggered so the stream is just starting when there is motion detected.
I have the same challenge. I am trying to trigger somehow external the rtsp stream but it seems like it is not so easy.
Maybe someone of the Community has an idea how to solve this.

BR Daniel

Hello,

Have you found a workaround yet or are you unable to use it?

I have also no 100% out of the box working solution. I know one way to do it.
Search for eufy-security-ws. This is somehow a websocket to trigger rtsp and more things.
But I had no time to go further into details with this. So my status right now is that I havent implemented my cameras into OH.

BR Daniel

1 Like