openHAB 4.0 Milestone discussion

Here is the default list item widget config. It’s not just this one item. Every one of my items with command options is read only in the gui.

Item Config:

label: Filter Speed States
type: String
category: ""
groupNames:
  - gHayward_Filter
groupType: None
function: null
tags:
  - Point

Default List Item Widget Config

value: ""
config: {}

Has an issue been filed yet?

Based on the config the action looks correct.

Hint, it’s way better to click the Code tab and paste that with code fences compared to screen shots.

```
code goes here
```

Thanks Rich. I’ll post code next time. As for opening an issue, I’m running openHabian on bookworm on an intel NUC. I know this is frowned upon and could be my issue.

@michaeljoos,
Are you running OpenHabian on a RasPi? If so, I can open an issue.

This shouldn’t have anything to do with how OH is installed. It’s a runtime issue, not an installation or deployment issue.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Zwave problem on new OH4 install

I’m runnig the OH 4.0.0.Mx milestone releases on Raspberry since they are available. Now on M4 sometimes back in between the milestones I noticed that rules took many seconds (maybe 5-8 secs) until they get executed for the first time.
Cannot remember that this problem existed for me with OH3.

For example when I press the “irrigation on” button in the ui nothing happens at first.
But it reads “RUNNING” in the rule for some really long seconds. As soon as the rule goes back to “IDLE” the irrigation switches to ON (i hear the clicking of the valve).

If I do the same a couples of times afterwards everything works fine. the rule executes instantly. (The valve clicks as soon as I press the button)

This is not a problem with this specific rule. The rules can be simple or long and complex the behaviour is the same.
Everytime I change a rule and it is called the first time the rule “hangs” in the “RUNNING” state and nothing happens for some seconds until its “IDLE” again. Executing again = instant.

This is very annoying when I alter a rule or make a new one because you have to wait each time until the code does what its intended to.

Would be glad if someone could help or is this by design?

That was a bug, it should be fixed in M5

Thanks for the information! Very appreciated :wink:

The version OH 4.0.0.M5 is release at Github.
However is missing in jfrog linux

1 Like

You are absolutely right, I missed this by accident. It should now be there!

1 Like

Hi,

just updated from M4 to M5 still the AVM Fritz Things are in state unknown:

getting this error in openhab.log:

2023-07-16 22:03:23.924 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: system:electric-energy

It look’s like Milestone5 doesn’t fix the issue, that AVM Fritz 200/210 Sockets are in state unknown after updating.

I tried to readd the things, doesn’t help.
Automatic scan, doesn’t find the devices, if I delete them manually…
It was reported in #15155 but isn’t fixed yet

If anyone has an idea, what I can try, please tell me

Uh. That’s my fault. It’s electric-power and electrical-energy. That seems to be very inconsistent.

Hi thanks for the information.
Just to give you more details. This is a thing from OH 3.4.4 which is working well:

In OH 4.0.0 M5 channels are missing (e.g. energy):

One more strange thing. Some DECT200/210 are Unknown, some are Online. But also in the Online Things the channels above are missing:

I don’t get any Status changes (e.g. Temperature, Watt, kWh) in event.log for any of the DECT 200/210 Devices. It’s working well in OH 3.4.4

One line shown in openhab.log:

[WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: system:electric-energy

If I delete a Thing and I do a rediscover, the thing doesn’t show up in Inbox.
I only can add them manually, which ends up in “unknown” Things.

For me it looks like there are more issues in the AVM Fritz binding

If there’s anything I can test or do, just ping me

I also compared thing-types.xml. On the left side the file of OH 3.4.4 Bundle, on the right side OH 4.0.0M5 Bundle:

It is really strange. For me it looks like no Device information runs between Fritzbox and Openhab…
Items for Incoming calls are working.
Fritzbox also shows, that the user, which is used in Openhab, is correct connected…

Milestone M5-1
Nashorn rules work but scripts do not work:

2023-07-17 19:35:47.502 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID ‘23d9c11913’ failed: org.graalvm.polyglot.PolyglotException: ReferenceError: “itemRegistry” is not defined

Scripts are rules. There shouldn’t be any difference.

How is this script called? Manually? From another rule? From a UI widget?

Should fix the issues. After they are merged, pleas upgrade to the next snapshot to see if that really works.

Hi

short question. Where can I download the snapshot version of the binding, once the fix is merged?

Here you can find the latest build fo the AVM Fritz binding:

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.binding.avmfritz/target/