openHAB 4.0 Release discussion

Thanks for replying.
So you think this may be the reason for this unstable behaviour?
So your advice is to update to 4.1M2 with a good chance to have a stable system back again?

I donā€™t use Windows but maybe @Mherwege knows if this bug may cause this kind of instability.

I donā€™t know what the impact if the filename warning could be. I only run on Windows for development work, not for production. So I wouldnā€™t have seen it.

I have some ā€œstrange issueā€ with OH 4.0.3 and the bindings

I have two installations of Openhabian running on two Raspi 3B+.

The one installation is still on openHAB 4.0.2 - Release Buildā€¦ That one acts absolutely normal.

The other installation is on openHAB 4.0.3 - release buildā€¦ There I can use all the bindings that where installed, but if I want to install or uninstall a binding or add-on I only see the community bindings and addonsā€¦

The official bindings and addons are not seeable and so neither installable, nor uninstallabeā€¦

Does anyone have any idea, what could cause it?

Following steps already taken, without success:

• clearing browser cache
  • restarting openhab
  • making sure latest stable version 4.0.3 release build is running
  • restoring rights and standard settings with openhabian-config tool
  • checking free diskspace with DF, result: maximum occupation is 43% on zram1 and persistence mount. everything else is 20% or less occupied.

I updated to the 4.1M2 build two days ago, and those warnings disappeard.
Unfortunately, this morning the strange behaviour occured again. The netatmo items are not updated anymore and some other rules as well do not operate.
I recognized one other warning:

2023-10-27 05:13:39.050 [WARN ] [handler.capability.WeatherCapab27:8d:4a' : java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information"

After that, no update from the netatmo items was recognized. I checked, that this warning appeard exactly at that time, when my DSL line was offline during the daily reconnection cycle. Maybe something changed that openhab gets a hickup there?

@wborn @Kai
The release notes for 4.0.4 are missing some fixes for chatgpt, chromecast and monopriceaudio committed to 4.0.x since 4.0.3.

On Rocky Linux 9.2, i cannot update fron 4.03 to 4.04-1
Problem opening package openhab-4.0.4-1.noarch.rpm
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing ā€˜dnf clean packagesā€™.

Error: GPG check FAILED
package openhab-0:4.0.4-1.noarch does not verify: Header RSA signature: BAD (package tag 268: invalid OpenPGP signature)

Thanks @mlobstein, I have added the missing fixes to the release notes.

I just noticed that the repo has 4.0.4-1 and 4.0.4-2 available. Is the difference documented anywhere? Here Release openHAB 4.0.4 Ā· openhab/openhab-distro Ā· GitHub itā€™s discussing the changes from 4.0.3 I think; itā€™s dated Nov 3 but I think 4.0.4-2 was released around Nov 12.

1 Like