openHAB 4.0 Release discussion

This topic can be used to discuss problems/experiences/questions on the openHAB 4.0 release as announced in this topic .

7 Likes

EnOcean USB300 stick initialization fails - openHABian, RPI4, OH 4.0.0

see also

and

This issue is deleted, it was an issue for the OH4 docker Installation.
Why was it deleted, can you please explain if there was an error with the docker Installation, just solved, or wrongly reported error?

@boris03 It was my bad, a docker configuration error which was not an issue with 3.4.4
The https port was already in use on my system, which was a warning for 3.4.4. but with OH4 it prevented a proper startup. Every logfileentry i stated in my previous post was not the issue.

Ok thanks you for clarification, cause I also use the docker solution and just thought I better wait a few days and see if problems are popping up

I’m not sure where to put this so people will see it. But anyone who has rule templates installed, the majority of them have an upgraded 4.0 version published on the marketplace. Please review the templates you have installed and if there is a new version consider removing the template and re-adding it to get the new 4.0+ version of the template. Note that there are some differences between the 3.x and 4.x versions in some cases so review the readme.

In my case:

• All rule templates rewritten in JS Scripting.

• Several new templates exist including Restart Expire, Expire Updater, Delay Start.

• Debounce: now does more error checking on the config and produces meaningful error messages

• Threshold Alert: has been merged with Open Door Reminder for a single rule template to handle all cases where an Item has remained in a given state for a given amount of time, includes hysteresis and other config changes to let it work as a motion sensor timer as well

• Time Based State Machine: includes more error checking and produces meaningful error messages

• MQTT EventBus: the three separate rules have been merged into one

• Thing Status Reporting: now triggers directly on Thing events instead of polling, passes the one Thing that changed state to the called rule instead of just all the Things that match the condition.

• A number of rule templates are no longer needed thanks to new features built into OH including ToToday and MQTT Online Status.

2 Likes

Some weeks ago I installed a clean OH4.0 (milestone), today I upgraded to 4.0 final. Everything went fine but I now installed the influxdb binding for the first time and getting an error. In my 3.x setup, this is working fine.

I did not create a influxdb.cfg file because it should be possible via the UI? But the UI is still showing only RRD4j

logs:

2023-07-24 16:44:10.847 [WARN ] [luxdb.internal.InfluxDBConfiguration] - InfluxDB configuration isn't valid. Addon won't work:  No credentials
2023-07-24 16:44:10.848 [ERROR] [.influxdb.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - bundle org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:4.0.0 (311)[org.openhab.persistence.influxdb.InfluxDBPersistenceService(415)] : Error during instantiation of the implementation object
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:480) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.internal.ComponentConstructorImpl.newInstance(ComponentConstructorImpl.java:326) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createImplementationObject(SingleComponentManager.java:286) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createComponent(SingleComponentManager.java:115) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:1002) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getServiceInternal(SingleComponentManager.java:975) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:920) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse$1.run(ServiceFactoryUse.java:220) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.factoryGetService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:217) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.getService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:118) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceConsumer$2.getService(ServiceConsumer.java:48) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:547) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:534) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:660) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleRefPair.getServiceObject(SingleRefPair.java:88) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BindMethod.getServiceObject(BindMethod.java:675) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.getServiceObject(DependencyManager.java:2612) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.doInvokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:2078) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.invokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:2061) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.invokeBindMethod(SingleComponentManager.java:443) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:336) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:304) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1232) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1152) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:959) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:895) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1184) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:116) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:123) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:961) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:151) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:937) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:874) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:141) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:262) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:500) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:929) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:915) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:133) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:984) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:752) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:1274) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:1225) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1232) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1152) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:959) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:895) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1184) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:116) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:123) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:961) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:151) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:937) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:874) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:141) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:262) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:500) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:929) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:915) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:133) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:984) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:752) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:674) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:437) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:671) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:310) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:593) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:74) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:460) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:196) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:169) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:49) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:488) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:420) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:450) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:949) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:229) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:138) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:130) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:217) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:499) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:486) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:464) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BundleInstallSupportImpl.startBundle(BundleInstallSupportImpl.java:165) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.startBundle(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1160) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:1041) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1069) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1004) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]

Configuration for persistence add-ons, including the persistence strategy was moved in the UI to under the add-on’s page. Navigate to Settings → Other Add-ons → InfluxDB and click the little gear icon at the upper right.

I just found it myself… thanks for the confirmation

installing debian 12 on a vm using openhabian script. So far all good some knx items with uom that had to be changed and some profiles javascript transformation. All my config is via files so i would say painless so far. Still some showstoppers in my case unifi protect :frowning: but will wait and see if the dev will update the marketplace entry. All my rules are still in dsl so no major chage there aswell. I will probably end up going doing the ui route if there is no alternative but for now with all files config its still working.
thank you devs for the hard work.

1 Like

I observe the same behaviour:

• Clean install of Openhabian with OH 4 (official release)
  • Restore my configuration from OH 3.4.4
  • Enocean add-on gets stuck with message “Trying to get base id…”
  • Add-on does not become Online

The add-on runs without issues on 3.4.4

There is also an open issue on Github: [enocean] USB 300 cannot be set up in OH4 · Issue #15181 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

I’m sharing my experience with the upgrade.
I expected a smooth upgrade, since I had just installed a new installation on a PI3 with openhabian last week, with a OH4 (latest snapshot I guess?).
Only made small configuration with 5 bindings or so.

I started the upgrade and after it finishes, I couldn’t see any errors that on the linux prompt.
But at that point a wasn’t able to execute any commands.
After disconnecting I couldn’t connnect to the SSH, although the system was pingable.
Also de OH self, the frontail and Node-Red were offline.
After a power-cycle I was abble to reach linux again ans also Node-Red en frontail is working now.
Only OH not and is showing errors in frontail about openning a zip-file.

I have no idea what I could have done wrong here, but this worries my for upgrading my production with version 3.4.

Is there a way to restore this, or just write a new SD image and restore the backup?

The logging is showing the following:

2023-07-24 18:19:39.640 [ERROR] [Events.Framework                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
java.util.zip.ZipException: Exception in opening zip file: /var/lib/openhab/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/58/0/bundleFile
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:356) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.doOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:51) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.CloseableBundleFile.internalOpen(CloseableBundleFile.java:140) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.CloseableBundleFile.lockOpen(CloseableBundleFile.java:78) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.CloseableBundleFile.getEntry(CloseableBundleFile.java:274) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.BundleInfo$Generation.getEntry(BundleInfo.java:425) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.findResource(ManifestLocalization.java:238) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.lookupResourceBundle(ManifestLocalization.java:165) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.getResourceBundle(ManifestLocalization.java:136) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.getHeaders(ManifestLocalization.java:78) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.BundleInfo$Generation.getHeaders(BundleInfo.java:190) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.privGetHeaders(EquinoxBundle.java:520) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.getHeaders(EquinoxBundle.java:515) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.getHeaders(EquinoxBundle.java:509) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.prepare(SubsystemResolver.java:178) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:390) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1069) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1004) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.zerror(ZipFile.java:1598) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.findEND(ZipFile.java:1382) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.initCEN(ZipFile.java:1477) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.<init>(ZipFile.java:1315) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.get(ZipFile.java:1277) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.<init>(ZipFile.java:709) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:243) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:172) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:186) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:342) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	... 21 more

looks like this is relatet to this one (maybe): https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab-not-working-with-zulu11-0-20/147910

Okay, maybe to quick with writing this. But after cleaning the cache it works again! Or at least is starting now.
For some reason I forget this option, but seems alway needed with after an upgrade?!
If so, maybe this should be added in the upgrade scripts?

But now the bindings are failing?

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing

Resource mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.enphase/4.0.0 does not contain a manifest

It should happen as part of the upgrade automatically. The cache is where the add-ons get installed to so clearing the cache forces OH to go and download all the add-ons again, thereby upgrading the add-ons too.

However, is something goes wrong, and what you described certainly fits that, the download may be interrupted or otherwise result in a corrupted add-on which can cause problems.

I can’t offer any advice for the new error though. This is an official add-on?

Yes, they are all official add-ons. And all of them are failing not just one.
Like hue, cloud, openweathermap and so on.

Just preformed a restore from the backup. This solves the issue in the end.
But doesn’t give me the confidence for the upgrade from 3.4 tot 4.

Maybe I did something wrong, I don’t know, but all seems running again.

Thanks for all your effort and passion you have put into OH 4.0!
I am still on 3.4.4 but plan to upgrade. However, the release notes seem to be missing the section on breaking changes, or the link is not working properly. Is there another source that provides this information?
(sorry in case I am just not seeing the right information …)

I share unfortunately same experience as @JensD after receiving OH4 packages on my openhabian system. OH4 doesn’t or cannot initialize my enoceanpi bridge, that kills the communication to half of my automation items.

Please find log messages here:

Thanks, this link works!