openHAB 4.0 SNAPSHOT discussion

Does anyone know why the SCRIPT transformation was designed to use .script? Is there a reason not to use myscript.js, myscript.rb, myscript.rules?

Yes. Because all transformations use the name of the transformation service as file extension.

1 Like

Alternative option is to include this in your pom.xml, see:

I just installed build #3380 and I’m found that my logs have stopped. In fact, they stopped around 4 PM three days ago (Friday).

I had this happen to me once before and I never figured out what caused it then.

Based on exploration, org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg somehow got replaced with an empty file. Right when the logs stopped matches the timestamp on the file.

I have no idea how this file might be getting replaced. It’s not a file that I modify myself. The last update of my instance took place on the 16th and then on the 20th. The backup from the 16th shows the file as expected and the backup from today shows the file is empty so this isn’t related to an upgrade.

Is there any circumstance where Karaf or OH may open this file for writing and fail perhaps, leaving an empty file?

Based on the timestamp on the file I’m all but certain I was not doing anything to OH at that time last Friday, so this almost has to be related to some automated process. I’m at a loss on where to look next.

At least the fix on my end is super easy.

I’d love to find out I’m not alone and someone else has seen this too.

I had this too a few days ago. Can’t recall exactly when. I am on 4.0.0M1.
This has happened to me a few times in the past.

I noticed this a few days ago too, but the logging had actually stopped in February, and I’m on 3.4.1…

!@#$, it just happened again a couple minutes ago!

All I was doing was modifying Item metadata through the UI. I wasn’t doing anything on the host, docker container, or console. This is very mysterious indeed and certainly points to a pervasive if intermittent problem.

It happened while editing metadata? That’s really strange, because logging does not depend on JSON storage.

I can’t say there is a cause and effect there. When it stopped last Friday I am pretty certain I was not editing metadata. I was working with rules earlier in the day but I’m pretty sure I was away from my computers entirely by 4:00 pm when the file was replaced.

In short, maybe there is some generic “I was changing things in the UI” cause here but I doubt even that. I’m pretty sure @hafniumzinc uses text based configs and he’s seen the behavior. Were I to guess, I’d guess it’s some upstream regression on Karaf or something. But I’ve nothing to base that on beyond a hunch.

Edit: It just happened again nine minutes ago and I was not interacting with OH at all at the time.

Edit 2: It’s happening several times a day now. There’s no pattern I can find that correlates to when it happens.

Has anyone problems with Zwave things? All are online. Some of information is updating (V and A in wall plug). Some not - switches in wall plugs and switch don’t react on changes in Basic UI and admin view, temperatures in thermostats.can’t be changed.

Just fighting with the same issue.
I just install version 4 and since then I see this problem.

I’ve updated from version 4.0.0~S3304-1 and it stopped working. I’ll try to find one and rollback, but it seems it was deleted… :confused:

Finally, I delete the bridge, create a new one and it was working again. of course I have now to rebuild the link between the things discovered with this new bridge and my items.

As a rule, before deleting a Bridge Thing take note of the Thing ID. When you recreate the Thing you have a one time option to set your own ID for the Thing. Make the new ID match the old one and all your recreated Things will have the same ID and all your Links will continue working unchanged.

My mother was saying “think before you do”. :wink:

I have a Thing for Zwave stick as a file. I’ve changed a name of the file and recreate - it doesn’t help :confused:

I have a Thing for Zwave stick as a file. I’ve changed a name of the file and recreate - it doesn’t help :confused:

It might work if you remove the file completely. Verify the Things are gone in OH. Then restore the file. If not there is probably something that you have to change about your .things file.

I don’t know what else shoud I change. I’ve removed stick as a file, copied name and added from UI. Everything is online, but it still doesn’t work.

Edit:
It seems it was a hardware issue, something got locked - unplug and plug in again a stick helped.

Dear All

are there any issues concerning options items?

- component: oh-list-card
      config:
        accordionList: false
        title: =props.title
      slots:
        default:
          - component: oh-label-item
            config:
              icon: f7:thermometer
              iconColor: '=(items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 0 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <= 10 ) ? "purple" : (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 10 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <= 13 ) ? "lightblue" : (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 13 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=17 ) ? "yellow" :  (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 17 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=20 ) ? "orange" :  (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 20 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=25 ) ? "red" : (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 25 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=60 ) ? "purple" : "black"'
              item: =[props.current_temperature_Item]
              title: Temperature
          - component: oh-slider-item
            config:
              iconColor: '=(items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 0 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <= 10 ) ? "purple" : (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 10 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <= 13 ) ? "lightblue" : (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 13 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=17 ) ? "yellow" :  (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 17 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=20 ) ? "orange" :  (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 20 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=25 ) ? "red" : (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 25 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=60 ) ? "purple" : "black"'
              item: =[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item]
              label: true
              max: 30
              min: 5
              scale: true
              step: 0.5
              title: Current Heating Setpoint
              unit: °C
            config:
              iconColor: '=(items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 0 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <= 10 ) ? "purple" : (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 10 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <= 13 ) ? "lightblue" : (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 13 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=17 ) ? "yellow" :  (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 17 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=20 ) ? "orange" :  (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 20 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=25 ) ? "red" : (items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state > 25 && items[props.current_heating_setpoint_Item].state <=60 ) ? "purple" : "black"'
          - component: oh-list-item
            config:
              action: options
              actionItem: props.system_mode_Item
              actionOptions: off,heat
              after: =items[props.system_mode_Item].state
              icon: '=(items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "heat") ? "f7:flame" : (items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "off") ? "f7:power" : "f7:exclamationmark_circle" '
              iconColor: '=(items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "heat") ? "purple" : (items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "off") ? "red" : "black" '
              title: System Mode

this line actionOptions: off,heat doesn’t work anymore, when clicked the options aren’t shown;
on stable version there are no issue

I try also inserting a option item manually in design mode in a new page (no widget) and it doesn’t work.

Maybe I miss some reccomanded configurations?

following the full code of the widget

uid: OH_Livio_Zigbee_TRV_Aqara
tags: []
props:
  parameters:
    - description: Title
      label: Title
      name: title
      required: false
      type: TEXT
    - context: item
      description: Item For Current Temperature
      label: Item For Current Tempoerature
      name: current_temperature_Item
      description: Item For Current Heating Setpoint
      label: Item For Current Heating Setpoint
      name: current_heating_setpoint_Item
      description: Item For System Mode
      label: Item For System Mode
      name: system_mode_Item
      description: Item For Preset (Mode)
      label: Item For Preset (Mode)
      name: preset_Item
      description: Item For Child Lock
      label: Item For Child Lock
      name: child_lock_Item
      description: Item For Window Detection
      label: Item For Window Open Detection
      name: window_detection_Item
      description: Item For Battery
      label: Item For Battery
      name: battery_Item
      description: Item For Last Seen
      label: Item For Last Seen
      name: lastseen_Item
      description: Item For Away Preset Temperature
      label: Item For Away Preset Temperature
      name: away_preset_temperature_Item
      description: Item For Sensor
      label: Item For Sensor
      name: sensor_Item
      description: Item For Calibrated
      label: Item For Calibrated
      name: calibrated_Item
      description: Item For Window Open
      label: Item For Window Open
      name: window_open_Item
      description: Item For Valve Detection
      label: Item For Valve Detection
      name: valve_detection_Item
      description: Item For Link Quality
      label: Item For Link Quality
      name: linkquality_Item
      description: Item For Voltage
      label: Item For Voltage
      name: voltage_Item
    - description: Show info
      label: Show Info
      name: showInfo
      type: BOOLEAN
    - context: page + widget
      description: Page or Widget to Show
      label: Page or Widget to Show
      name: pagetoShow
    - context: action
      description: "action to perform (values: popover, popup)"
      label: action
      name: actionToDo
  parameterGroups: []
timestamp: Jan 8, 2023, 3:33:36 AM
component: f7-block
config:
  style:
    position: relative
    -ms-user-select: None
    -moz-user-select: None
    -webkit-user-select: None
    user-select: None
  class:
    - no-padding
    - no-margin
slots:
  default:
    - component: oh-list-card
      config:
        title: =props.title
        accordionList: false
      slots:
        default:
            config:
              title: Temperature
              item: =[props.current_temperature_Item]
              iconColor: '=(items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 0 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <= 10 ) ? "purple" : (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 10 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <= 13 ) ? "lightblue" : (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 13 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=17 ) ? "yellow" :  (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 17 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=20 ) ? "orange" :  (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 20 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=25 ) ? "red" : (items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number > 25 && items[props.current_temperature_Item].state as Number <=60 ) ? "purple" : "black"'
          - component: oh-slider-item
            config:
              min: 5
              max: 30
              label: true
              scale: true
              unit: °C
              step: 0.5
            config:
            config:
              title: System Mode
              actionItem: =[props.system_mode_Item]
              actionOptions: off,heat
              after: =items[props.system_mode_Item].state
              icon: '=(items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "heat") ? "f7:flame" : (items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "off") ? "f7:power" : "f7:exclamationmark_circle" '
              iconColor: '=(items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "heat") ? "purple" : (items[props.system_mode_Item].state === "off") ? "red" : "black" '
            config:
              title: Preset
              actionItem: =[props.preset_Item]
              actionOptions: manual,auto,away
              after: =items[props.preset_Item].state
              icon: '=(items[props.preset_Item].state === "manual") ? "f7:hand_raised" :  (items[props.preset_Item].state === "auto") ? "f7:house" : (items[props.preset_Item].state === "away") ? "f7:circle_grid_hex" : "f7:exclamationmark_circle" '
              iconColor: '=(items[props.preset_Item].state === "manual") ? "red" :  (items[props.preset_Item].state === "auto") ? "green" : (items[props.preset_Item].state === "away") ? "blue" : "black" '

config:
              title: Lock
              actionItem: =[props.child_lock_Item]
              actionOptions: LOCK, UNLOCK
              after: =items[props.child_lock_Item].state
              icon: '=(items[props.child_lock_Item].state === "LOCK" ) ? "f7:lock" : "f7:lock_open" '
              iconColor: '=(items[props.child_lock_Item].state === "LOCK" ) ? "green" : "red" '

config:
              title: Last Seen
              icon: '=(items[props.lastseen_Item].state.toString() === NULL ) ? "f7:exclamationmark_circle" : "f7:calendar" '
              iconColor: '=(items[props.lastseen_Item].state.toString() === NULL ) ? "black" : "orange" '
              item: =[props.lastseen_Item]
              after: =items[props.lastseen_Item].state
              action: =props.actionToDo
              actionModal: =props.pagetoShow
              actionModalConfig:
                system_mode_Item: =[props.system_mode_Item]
                preset_Item: =[props.preset_Item]
                away_preset_temperature_Item: =[props.away_preset_temperature_Item]
                child_lock_Item: =[props.child_lock_Item]
                sensor_Item: = [props.sensor_Item]
                calibrated_Item: = [props.calibrated_Item]
                window_detection_Item: =[props.window_detection_Item]
                window_open_Item: =[props.window_open_Item]
                valve_detection_Item: =[props.valve_detection_Item]
                battery_Item: =[props.battery_Item]
                voltage_Item: =[props.voltage_Item]
                linkquality_Item: =[props.linkquality_Item]

thanks in advance for your help

Option actions should continue to work. Are there any errors shown on the browser console when you click on the widget?