openHAB 4.1 is here!

Dear Community,

I am very happy to announce that we were able to keep our tradition of releasing another great openHAB version just before the holidays!

openHAB 4.1 is now generally available and it is again packed with great new features - be it currency and forecast support, the suggestion of add-ons to install or the improved UI with a great help section and many other features. Please read the release blog post written by @florian-h05 together with many contributors, which gives you a perfect overview of the highlights of this release.

If you are interested in the full glory of all the changes, please see our official release notes on GitHub. This page will also guide you through the upgrade process, which should be pretty smooth if you already have a 4.0.x installation.

Please use this topic for discussions around this release and feel encouraged to give us your feedback.

I’d like to thank all of our maintainers, contributors, and users who made this release possible. Happy holidays to all of you, and I wish everyone a great start to an automated 2024!

57 Likes

Thank you all for giving openHAB 4.1 a try and updating so eagerly!
From your feedback, we identified a few bugs here and there and which the latest patch release openHAB 4.1.1 addresses - please see the list of included fixes in the release notes of openHAB 4.1.1.

18 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

We have meanwhile gathered a few other fixes that are worthwhile to be brought to our stable release. Therefore, we have released a further patch release openHAB 4.1.2. Please see the release notes for the fixes that it includes.

14 Likes