openHAB 4.1 Release discussion

GitHub - oshi/oshi: Native Operating System and Hardware Information

The systeminfo binding apparently relies on OSHI 6.2.2.

I know that. I see what is in the build 4.1. I’m asking about newst version eg. 6.4.10…

Don’t hesitate to contribute this change, checking first that moving to 6.4.10 does not break anything in the binding.

1 Like

And why do you ask ?
Is there something missing from the „older“ release?

Yes, on the Windows (11) platform there is still problem with thing systeminfo and sensors. CPU temperature and fan speed information.

I wrote about that in this topic:
[SOLVED] After restart, Systeminfo binding does not provide CPU-temp any longer - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community

As I read on OSHI gitHub, there was a problem with path on windows platform and members of OSHI wrote that the problem should be now resolved. That why I’m asking about upgrade OSHI component in the next OH version.

1 Like

I‘ll have look

1 Like

This sounds reasonable.

You can find a test-bundle here. It probably also works on 4.1, uninstall the binding and drop the jar in your addons folder.

Unfortunately the same CPU temp - UNDEF :frowning: In the log:
[til.platform.windows.WmiQueryHandler] - COM exception querying MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature, which might not be on your system. Will not attempt to query it again. Error was -2147217396: Failed to enumerate results.

Do you have a link to the issue in OSHI?

I’m very sorry, it was some time ago and I can not find it in the browser history, but that does not change the fact that this binding does not work for the entire section “sensors”, everything else in this binding works. Strangely enough hardwareinfo or other open source soft shows and temperature and fan speed on windows.

oh my gosh, what is doing on. I got some notyfication in bindings. I see 9 notyfications on MQTT and after click I see some elements to add from systeminfo, but from…HomeAssistant…

Platform Windows 11 of course + OH 4.1

I guess you enabled the homeassistant discovery protocol on your NAS. That’s all. Items that follow the homeassistant convention can be auto-discovered and configured.

Thank you all for the OH 4.1 release. The upgrade was easy. I moved to new hardware and therefor had problems with the blink binding. I used the blink add-on org.openhab.binding.blink-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar on the old system. On the new system I tried to add the blink binding but it installed “Blink 3.3” which does not work. I removed “Blink 3.3” and installed org.openhab.binding.blink-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar on the new system. This version works even with some “servlet name” errors. Is it possible to integrate org.openhab.binding.blink-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into OH 4.1 instead “Blink 3.3”?

This binding seems to not be part of the official openHAB distribution.

OK. Thank you @Lolodomo !

I never installed homeassistant on this computer…

Reread @misken response again. Home Assistant defines an MQTT standard in how it organizes MQTT topics and messages. If you have something that publishes using that standard, openHAB can automatically discover those Things.

Home Assistant provides the standard. It’s not related to the Home Assistant software in any way.

ok, clear. Thank you. I go to find what is generating that…