• Raspberry with openHABian
  • apt-get update + upgrade
  • OH 4.1 was installed by this
  • OH start failed

then

• openhab-cli clean-cache
  • removed additional addons from addons folder
    the log now shows
2024-01-01 15:10:10.326 [ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] - Error installing boot features
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resource has no uri
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.getBundleInputStream(Deployer.java:1631) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:904) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1069) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1004) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) [?:?]

nothing else

reboot, same problem

EDIT: Resetting file permissions and reinstalling Java 17 with openhabian-config doesnā€™t fix the problem

EDIT2: doing openhab-cli clean-cache 2 more times solved it :cowboy_hat_face:

Good job! Congra!

It seems everything works fine on Windows.

But when we can expect new version of OSHI in the next release?

Whatā€™s OSHI?

Has been fixed and will be included in the next 4.1 patch.

2 Likes

GitHub - oshi/oshi: Native Operating System and Hardware Information

The systeminfo binding apparently relies on OSHI 6.2.2.

I know that. I see what is in the build 4.1. Iā€™m asking about newst version eg. 6.4.10ā€¦

Donā€™t hesitate to contribute this change, checking first that moving to 6.4.10 does not break anything in the binding.

1 Like

And why do you ask ?
Is there something missing from the ā€žolderā€œ release?

Yes, on the Windows (11) platform there is still problem with thing systeminfo and sensors. CPU temperature and fan speed information.

I wrote about that in this topic:
[SOLVED] After restart, Systeminfo binding does not provide CPU-temp any longer - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community

As I read on OSHI gitHub, there was a problem with path on windows platform and members of OSHI wrote that the problem should be now resolved. That why Iā€™m asking about upgrade OSHI component in the next OH version.

1 Like

Iā€˜ll have look

1 Like

This sounds reasonable.

You can find a test-bundle here. It probably also works on 4.1, uninstall the binding and drop the jar in your addons folder.

Unfortunately the same CPU temp - UNDEF :frowning: In the log:
[til.platform.windows.WmiQueryHandler] - COM exception querying MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature, which might not be on your system. Will not attempt to query it again. Error was -2147217396: Failed to enumerate results.

Do you have a link to the issue in OSHI?

Iā€™m very sorry, it was some time ago and I can not find it in the browser history, but that does not change the fact that this binding does not work for the entire section ā€œsensorsā€, everything else in this binding works. Strangely enough hardwareinfo or other open source soft shows and temperature and fan speed on windows.

oh my gosh, what is doing on. I got some notyfication in bindings. I see 9 notyfications on MQTT and after click I see some elements to add from systeminfo, but fromā€¦HomeAssistantā€¦

Platform Windows 11 of course + OH 4.1

I guess you enabled the homeassistant discovery protocol on your NAS. Thatā€™s all. Items that follow the homeassistant convention can be auto-discovered and configured.

Thank you all for the OH 4.1 release. The upgrade was easy. I moved to new hardware and therefor had problems with the blink binding. I used the blink add-on org.openhab.binding.blink-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar on the old system. On the new system I tried to add the blink binding but it installed ā€œBlink 3.3ā€ which does not work. I removed ā€œBlink 3.3ā€ and installed org.openhab.binding.blink-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar on the new system. This version works even with some ā€œservlet nameā€ errors. Is it possible to integrate org.openhab.binding.blink-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into OH 4.1 instead ā€œBlink 3.3ā€?

This binding seems to not be part of the official openHAB distribution.