openHAB 4 . Configuration of persistence

I made 3 installations of openhab on raspberry. One based on debian, the others using openhabian. All installation with the same bindings of livisi and http and UI. In every installation are different , but only 3 or 4 items supporting the analyze feature. I can not recognize a pattern for that behaviour.
The description of persistence in the openhab documentation doesn t help. ( I suppose it is not for verions 4 using UI ) The mentioned files or directories don t exist.
Where is a descrition of configuration of persitence for openHAB 4.x
Thank you

For file-based configuration: Persistence | openHAB.

For UI-based configuration, you need to open the add-on settings and click on the blue Persistence configuration heading.

Which persistence services do you have installed?

Hi Florian, I didn t install any service, Can I see how the items are saved and which service is running ?

NOW I found that by default it is rrd4j.
Klaus-Dieter

Exactly, RRD4J is installed by default and by default persists all supported Item types, see rrd4j - Persistence Services | openHAB.

You can go to the add-on store, „Other“ tab and check which persistence services are installed.
Unless manually installed and configured, only RRD4J will be installed.
Most persistence services like InfluxDB require you to setup the DB to use them.

Hey Florian, on the Raspi are 222 rrd-files. Files of size 738 kB have names according to openwheater and system. All files named „my own items“ have a size of 0 kB . Only some files of size 738 kB show data , most an empty Diagramm is displayed. Any idea ?

What are the types of these Items?

Hey, I found solution. Despite many informations there are no default settings for persistence when starting openhabian. After configure of the persistence via UI everything works very well. Perhaps someone will correct the documentation for version 4.x.
Thanks for all help.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.