openHAB, Alexa and Z-Wave: Thermostats

Hi there!

I was able to successfully do a lot of cool things with Z-Wave switches and combined those with Harmony activities, which worked really well, to my surprise. Since I also own three thermostats from Popp/Devolo I wanted to get them included, too, and set them via Alexa.

So I configured everything like described in the official announcement from @digitaldan (Official Alexa Smart Home Skill for openHAB 2).

I could then ask Alexa to get me the different temperatures of my rooms, but setting the temperature always resulted in “I am sorry, there was some problem.”. After checking a few things, I gave up. To my surprise, though, the temperature was set, but Alexa replied with the “issue” message.

Is there anything I can do to find out more? Looking into Karaf (as an absolute beginner) + in my openHAB logs, there is nothing noteworthy to find out…

Group gBadezimmerThermostat "Badezimmer Thermostat" (gBadezimmer) ["Thermostat"]

Number BadezimmerThermostatCurrentTemp "Badezimmer Thermostat Aktuelle Temperatur" (gBadezimmerThermostat) ["CurrentTemperature"] {channel="zwave:device:b3c6347d:node8:sensor_temperature"}
Number BadezimmerThermostatTargetTemperature "Badezimmer Thermostat Ziel Temperatur" (gBadezimmerThermostat) ["TargetTemperature"] {channel="zwave:device:b3c6347d:node8:thermostat_setpoint_heating"}
String BadezimmerThermostatHeatingCoolingMode "Badezimmer Thermostat Heizen/Kuehlen Modus" (gBadezimmerThermostat) ["homekit:HeatingCoolingMode"]

EDIT: I also tried using rules, by setting a Number value via Alexa and then use a “changed” rule to update the zwave device (using a new item - not listed above). Which also resulted in the same issue message from Alexa.

rule "Wohnzimmer - set temperature"
        when
                WohnzimmerThermostatTargetTemperature received update
        then
                WohnzimmerThermostatSetPointHeating.postUpdate((WohnzimmerThermostatTargetTemperature.state as DecimalType).floatValue)
end

Thank you!

Did you also define the group for your thermostat at the 1 line in your .items example above??

Group gBadezimmerThermostat "Badezimmer Thermostat" (gFF) [ "Thermostat" ]

Hi @Celaeno1,

yes. Forgot to mention it here…

Group gBadezimmerThermostat "Badezimmer Thermostat" (gBadezimmer) ["Thermostat"]