- Platform information:
- Hardware: openHab on raspberry pi 3, model B, 1GB ram
- OS: Linux openHabianPi 4.9.80-v7
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: trying to configure / setup Plugwise
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
First of all a huge thank you for the magnificent openHab software!
I have successfully flashed openHabianPi to a microSD card, openHabianPi boots successfully. I then installed binding for Plugwise (v 2.4.0) without problem.
I then connected my Plugwise usb stick to the Pi.
Doing lsusb shows:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-serial (UART) IC
Inbox is empty.
When I press “SEARCH FOR THINGS” then select Plugwise Binding, then “Choose Thing” I get to see /dev/ttyAMA0
I have an old excel file that contains names and macaddresses etc.
I also still have an old PC with the Plugwise software installed, unfortunately on that version I do not have the possibility to export information, so I need to rely on the old information.
My excel file lists 31 “plugs”. Most seem Protocol version 2.4
A single one is type -1 and Protocol version 1.1
(if necessary I can post more / all information)
The issue seems to be that the Plugwise Stick keeps showing “Initializing” and of course as long as the Stick is not properly initialized it can not discover other Circles.
Is there any way to do some status checking? Maybe from the command line?
Thanks for helping out!