openHAB and Tankerkönig gas prices + Telegram integration - Second iteration

After posting my first iteration of integrating Tankerkönig and Telegram into my openHAB system, @kugelsicha pointed out that I can use the Telegram query function.
I implemented that now, and wrote an additional blog post. Unfortunately the old posting is locked, and I can’t add the update there.

Blog posting

2 Likes

Hey Andreas,

Thanks for sharing this solution… I implemented this aswell…

Only one small suggestion regrading your rule rule “Telegram Bot receive tanken answer”

replace:

} else {
        telegramAction.sendTelegram(Long::parseLong(telegramLastMessageChatId.state.toString), "Unknown option!")
    }

with:

} else {
        telegramAction.sendTelegramAnswer(Long::parseLong(TelegramBotChatId.state.toString), TelegramBotReplyId.state.toString, "unknown option!")
    }

why?

I was thinking about that. However this is the part where the Rule catches any errors - and here is a reply which is not in the list of preset options. Most likely something went wrong.
So I don’t bother stopping the open Telegram quest, but throw a general error into the group.
Your mileage might vary…

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.