openHAB behind a Cloudflare Tunnel for remote access

I’m looking for a way to use my OpenHAB Android App together with my internal OpenHAB web service that I’ve exposed in a CloudFlare tunnel protected using a self hosted app with Zero Trust policies. Only users who match my policies will have access to my internal OpenHAB web server.

As it is now, my Android OpenHAB App won’t be able to respond to my currently set up Zero Trust policy which involves getting a code e-mailed to a specific e-mail address. I’m sure there must be another way to achieve what I’m trying to do.

Cheers!

What about using myopenhab?
You can even setup your own self hosted instance but there’s hardly any good reason not to use the public one.

Dear @mstormi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query. I truly appreciate your suggestion of using myopenhab, and I completely understand its advantages and convenience.

I want to express my respect for the myopenhab project and its contribution to the OpenHAB community. It’s an excellent solution, and I’m sure it has been immensely helpful to many users.

In my specific case, I’ve chosen to explore alternative options due to my reliance on a CloudFlared tunnel for exposing my internal apps to the Internet. This decision is driven by my intention to maintain a level of control and minimize dependencies on external cloud services. While I fully recognize the merits of myopenhab.

Cheers!

I think you’re overdoing this. It’s just for interactive access which shouldn’t be needed anyway when your home is well-automated.
But what I meant to say is you can also install your own myopenhab instance on your own tunnel-connected cloud-or-not-server.