Openhab conbee2 in an docker

I like it to use the Conbee II usb device on openhab. But it’s still not clear for me, when I read different post on internet.
For example: https://community.openhab.org/t/deconz-setup-questions-to-docker-or-not-to-docker/79752

1. Do this means that it works only with a king man in the middle deconz docker?
  2. if that’s the case how can i change the default port 80, while this one is already in use.
  3. if the deconz docker need run all the time, requier this one a internet connection? While I’ll block all my iot stuff from internet.

Hopefully one of you can provide me some more info or a step by step install documentation :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sorry I do not understand the question … You can use Conbee II with resp. without docker as long as the required libraries are supported on your hardware.

You can configure not to use standard port 80. See e.g. Use deCONZ and Phoscon On Non-Standard Web Ports? · Issue #26 · dresden-elektronik/phoscon-app-beta · GitHub

According to ConBee II Overview it is cloud free.

This is my configuration file to configure docker:

docker run -d \
   --name=deconz \
   --net=host \
   --restart=always \
   -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
   -v ~/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ:/root/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ \
   --device=/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2192454-if00:/dev/ttyACM0 \
   -e DECONZ_DEVICE=/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2192454-if00 \
   -e DECONZ_WEB_PORT=8090 \
   -e DECONZ_WS_PORT=9443 \
   -e DECONZ_VNC_MODE=1 \
   -e DECONZ_VNC_PORT=5903 \
   -e DECONZ_VNC_PASSWORD=NotMyPassword \
   -e TZ=Europe/Berlin \
   marthoc/deconz

Thanks for your quick replay, ad sorry when I was not clear enough.

The question is can I use the ConBee II on Openhab without the deconz docker.

Assuming you’re using an RPI with Openhabian: Yes you can, just follow the installation guidelines on their website
I followed it and can confirm it works. Only you will not be able to use the GUI, just use the browser (ipadressOfTheRPI:80)

edit: change port 80 with the instructions of Wolfgang_S.
No internet connection necessary, only for updating the application or the stick.

Raspbian, Ubuntu, Windows 10 and Windows 7 are supported.
I own a Cubietruck. I was only able to run it on a docker environment as the precompiled binaries do not work on my platform and I had troubles to get it complied on my own.

The Deconz docker works fine, I can turn on an off my lamps, but it’s still not clear for me if I can use the Conbee II without Deconz.
But even when I create the zigbee.things file in openhab:
Bridge deconz:deconz:homeserver [ host=“10.0.20.40”, port=8088 ]
It didnt show me the UID
openhab> things show deconz:deconz:homeserver
Could not find thing with UID deconz:deconz:homeserver

What do I wrong? Or better, how can I solve it?

You can’t use conbee without deconz. OpenHAB doesn’t have a native control for it.
The binding you need is the Hue binding. With this you can control lights and outlet switches. The deconz binding is only for sensors and control switches.

I have a raspbee and with works flawless with deconz and the hue binding.

I am using deconz together with motion sensor.
As far as I know you need to generate an api key and add that to your thing definition.
My setup e.g. looks like this one:

Bridge deconz:deconz:phoscon-gw [ host="192.168.0.26", httpPort="8090", apikey="XXXXXXXXXX" ] {
   presencesensor      osram-presence     "Livingroom Presence"                 [ id="2" ]
   temperaturesensor   osram-temperature  "Livingroom Temperature"              [ id="3" ]

presencesensor      philips-presence     "Livingroom P Presence"             [ id="4" ]
   temperaturesensor   philips-temperature  "Livingroom P Temperature"          [ id="5" ]
   lightsensor         philips-daylight     "Livingroom P Daylight"             [ id="6" ]

openclosesensor     openclose-heizung    "Heizungs Thermostat Klappe"        [ id="7" ]
}

When you use the above settings, did you also install the hue binding? As suggested by ljsquare?

Yes, the hue binding is installed but I think to remember that I did that before I bought the Conbee.
E.g. I have one innr color bulb that is visible inthe deconz REST API:

reachable should be false at the moment because the bulb is completely turned off.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.