Openhab designer 2 shows errors where there are no errors

I know this issue from openhab designer 1 that commands like sendNotification, sendMail, sendXbmcNotification and some more are not correctly recognized by designer. Is this issue valid with designer 2 as well?
I need to mention, that I’m running OH on linux and develop my rules on windows with designer. As I don’t want to develop my rules directly on the running openhab, the openhab config directory is duplicated on my windows. I push the config to my openhab after saving and approvement.
Does the designer 2 need more information besides the openhab config files (items, rules, …), to show the rules without errors?

I really hoped designer 2 would solve this “error spamming”.

Eclipse Smarthome Designer version 0.8 works similar to the “old” Designer version 1, but still has some limitations.
Don’t use version 0.9, it’s buggy!

I’ve downloaded it from the official website. The downloadlink http://eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/smarthome/releases/0.8.0/eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.8.0-designer-win64.zip shows me, it must be the 0.8 version.
Anyway I think its not a bug in the designer. Moreover I hope its a misconfiguration, which I hopefully can correct. I want to get rid of these anoying errors (see yellow marks on the snapshot). My rules are full of it and a effiective debugging is not possible.

All the notifications throw an error on my side too, so I wouldn’t worry.
Let’s wait for the next snapshot, the devs are working on these issues.

Edit: but all notifications are working without any problems!

Good to know, that this issue is know and hopefully will be fixed. Because of this many warnings it’s hard to find real errors.

For me also the same problem with the last snaphot. Rules do not work and give an error in the Karaf console.

If I add a rule my Karaf output is:

20:00:28.080 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘Camera.rules’ is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!
20:00:28.271 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘Camera.rules’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [27,108]: extraneous input ‘“,5”’ expecting ‘)’
[28,108]: extraneous input ‘“,5”’ expecting ‘)’
[37,108]: extraneous input ‘“,5”’ expecting ‘)’
[38,108]: extraneous input ‘“,5”’ expecting ‘)’

When I go back to the official version, I have no problems.

Same here, I find it quite annoying. The one thing you can do to minimize the ‘errors’ is to disable spelling check in the Preferences.

Yes, but that gets only rid of the non English wording spelling errors, but you still have the errors regarding notifications (and some others).
But it helps a bit … :slight_smile:

I just loaded up the designer for my OH2 config because I was trying to find the source of this error:

2017-02-08 09:51:06.104 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model 'audio.rules', using it anyway:
This expression is not allowed in this context, since it doesn't cause any side effects.
2017-02-08 09:51:06.120 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'audio.rules'

but I don’t see any error corresponding to it, all I see are 152 errors for all of the items referenced in the .rules file. I’m assuming that this is because the items have been created as links to Things in PaperUI so there is no .items file that contains them. Is there a plan to link the designer to the REST api to get the available things?

I’m using the same 0.8 version downloaded today.

Correct.