Openhab Designer not working

I’ve tried Eclipse OpenHab designer on 2 computers, both macs.

On the first, the program is working, but I get tons of errors when editing rules that are obviously correct (run just fine in OpenHab).

On the 2nd, I get an error right on startup:

!SESSION 2016-11-05 17:04:44.969 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_91
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2016-11-05 17:04:50.819
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.core.runtime [2]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: javax.annotation; bundle-version="1.1.0"; visibility:="reexport"; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: javax.inject; bundle-version="1.0.0"; visibility:="reexport"; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.common; bundle-version="[3.6.100,4.0.0)"; visibility:="reexport"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)

I’ve upgraded to the latest jvm

java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

I am getting these problems with the stable and snapshot versions.

I don’t know about the second error, but the first error is a known issue. Sometime in the past month or so something changed which makes ESH Designer unable to recognize Items, now, and Actions. I have some rules files which have a red line on almost every line.

Java version 1.8.0_91 is not the latest JVM. I think the latest is something like 112. I do know for my.openhab integration you need at least 110.

Oh, thanks. Hopefully this will be fixed soon …

Regarding Java - that’s curious: the Java Control Panel says “Your system has the recommended version of Java. Java 8 Update 111”. I believe there are actually two java versions installed in OS X: 1.6 by apple, and 1.8 by Oracle. The version I’m using is 1.8, so I assume it’s the newest one. Perhaps the build returned by java -version is different from the java version. Makes no sense. At least, this does not seem to be the problem with OH Designer …