OpenHAB does not change state of switch z-wave

  • Platform information: Laptop
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
    • OS: Fedora Linux
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu
    • openHAB version: 2.1
  • Issue of the topic: Openhab does not change state when z-wave swtich is used manually
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    Fibaro FGD212 assosiation nr 1 (lifeline) is set to openhab controller.
    Inclusion was done using Domoticz.
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

I don’t know this device.

Some switches do not report to OH when they are manually toggled.

Some require being configured to the right Association Group in Habmin so that the device knows to report the state change to the Controller. Not all devices have Association Groups.

Hopefully, someone with experience with one of these devices will chime in.

That device is working fine with openHAB and should also work with the stable release, although I’m using it with the snapshot release.
Check if the xml file has been created in your userdata/zwave folder, you may also delete the thing and add it again (don’t exlude/include it).

I’m not sure if

makes a difference but as far I have read in this forum it should not.

There is XML files for all three switches, but they are located in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave/
I deleted the XML files and then deleted the things and added again. Same result. (added Openhab controller to LifeLine 1 again as well)

How did you set up Item with these dimmers? Maybe the fault is there somewhere?

Switch FibFGD212_1_Sw  { channel="zwave:device:15ca6a108b9:node37:switch_dimmer" }
Dimmer FibFGD212_1_Dim  { channel="zwave:device:15ca6a108b9:node37:switch_dimmer" }
Number FibFGD212_1_Num  { channel="zwave:device:15ca6a108b9:node37:scene_number" }

I made the item with Paper UI. Can this cause my problems? Where can I locate the file that Paper UI makes?
My items folder is empty.

2017-12-09 15:38:06.119 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LysStueMidt changed from NULL to ON
2017-12-09 15:38:14.670 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘LysStueMidt’ received command OFF
2017-12-09 15:38:14.673 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LysStueMidt changed from ON to OFF
2017-12-09 15:39:42.674 [ItemUpdatedEvent ] - Item ‘LysStueMidt’ has been updated.
2017-12-09 15:39:42.948 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LysStueMidt changed from NULL to ON
2017-12-09 15:42:03.908 [ItemUpdatedEvent ] - Item ‘LysStueMidt’ has been updated.
2017-12-09 15:42:04.186 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LysStueMidt changed from NULL to OFF
2017-12-09 15:42:52.913 [ItemUpdatedEvent ] - Item ‘LysStueMidt’ has been updated.
2017-12-09 15:42:53.188 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LysStueMidt changed from NULL to 21
2017-12-09 15:44:13.471 [ItemUpdatedEvent ] - Item ‘LysStueMidt’ has been updated.
2017-12-09 15:44:13.746 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LysStueMidt changed from NULL to 0

This is from my events log when manually switched.

Now it works. Thank you.

I only tried switch/dimmer for them selves. Linking both seemed to do the trick.

1 Like