Openhab does not load addons in addons folder

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 11.0.18 2023-01-17
    • openHAB version: 3.4.4 (repos installation)

I can’t figure out why openhab refuses to load any addons in the addons folder, it does not even try, there’s absolutely nothing in any logs. I use the /usr/share/openhab/addons as is the default for a repos installation.
Double checked file permissions, chown’ed the addon file to openhab:openhab, used the openhab-cli to explicitly fix permission issues.

sh#:/usr/share/openhab/addons# ls -l
total 284
-rwxr-xr-x 1 openhab openhab 141463 May 18 08:53 org.openhab.binding.lgthinq-3.4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

Is there a command to forceload a file ? other suggestions? :thinking:

You did a restart of the OH service ?

Yes I’ve restarted, also upgraded from 3.4.3 to 3.4.4 (the problem was there before and after) :woozy_face:

AFAIK bindings that you add into addons folder will not show under installed bindings in UI, but you should still be able to add things (binding will be listed when you try to add a new thing). Not sure if that is the case for you, just FYI …

Ok, but it should list itself in CLI (bundle:list) ? That’s where I’ve been checking :thinking:

Yes, there it should.

1 Like

I always use bundle:install „path to file on github“ to install this binding.

1 Like

Ah thank you!
This worked perfectly:

bundle:install “https://github.com/nemerdaud/openhab-thinq-stuff/blob/main/org.openhab.binding.lgthinq-3.4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar?raw=true

1 Like