openHAB Google Assistant Integration v2.0

Awesome news Mehmet! And fantastic to have Michael and pythen helping and pushing this forward.

great job, looking forward to use it.:clap:

Great news. Can you post here once deployed? Thanks for your great work!

This is really great news @MARZIMA and a huge welcome to @michikrug
I really look forward to see whats new, (I did follow the github thread as well, but its not quite clear).

I just took a look at the docs. I dont see anything updated yet… Will the original doc beeing updated to suit version 2.0 when it´s deployed?
As mentioned in github - Let me know if you need help with the docs. Atm my main system is just waiting for this deployment. Then I´ll prepare a jump from 2.5M2 to whatever is required. From there I will be able to provide whatever help you´ll need, (regarding docs… I cant code unfortunatly).
I believe this GA integration is so important to openhab, than almost anything else.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the fix as I got a Mini from my Brother to test with but I am also experiencing the “Sorry I can’t reach the light right now, please try again…”. Quite excited to see it in action once fixed!!

Hey, at least the docu in the repository is somehow updated. I think still one or two device types are missing, but I added most of the new ones there.
To maintain the old/current functionality the users have nothing to do at all.

Really new functionality in terms of more advanced configurations are only coming with the metadata update. That will still take some time.

Important for users that used a single item with tag “CurrentTemperature” to abuse the Google Thermostat type as a temperature sensor.
This will NOT work anymore. You now always have to create a Thermostat Group and add the “CurrentTemperature” item.

7 Likes

Has this been deployed yet? I ask because I looked at the docs and I see support for Fan. I added the tag and sync’d, but it doesn’t show up in the Home app. I have it setup as a Dimmer however as that has been the default in OpenHAB. For fan switches shouldn’t this be optionally classified as a dimmer?

With the current state it would only appear when defined as a Switch (as stated in the docs).
The implementation as a Dimmer is part of the metadata update.

Is volume supported in this new version? I didn’t see it listed in the git documentation. Also any word when this will be deployed?

marzima said “As mentioned last preperations for deployment at the weekend :slight_smile:” so we wait any time now …

1 Like

@ALL,

latest state is deployed.

Please help testing. Would be great.

Many Thanks!
BR Mehmet

11 Likes

Hello Mehmet,
Thank you for all your hard work!
Can you please post the link?
I am guessing github?
Thank you for your help.
Steve-

It works for my lights and blinds. Thanks a lot for your hard work! will check thermostats later.

Great news! Could you or @michikrug briefly outline what users would need to do to move over to the new system and help you test?

The documentation doesn’t appear to have been updated yet and saying “Google sync my devices” seems to not work for me anymore - I get the “something went wrong while syncing openHAB”

Thermostat seems to work fine too.

Great news indeed! I tagged my doorlock (proxy) as Lock and it shows up in Google Home, however it is not functional and shown with a “gear” icon:

IMG_5FAE0786E171-1

I am still at milestone 4, restarted OpenHAB, are there other requirements for it to function?

Fan works as well and show up in the Google Home app.

I added my garage door as “Garage”, but it’s not appearing in the Google Home app.

I tagged my Switch item by “Lock”, told “Synchronize devices”. Unfortunately I don’t see new item in my Google Home app.

EDIT: It was my fault. It was Contact, not Switch.

Actually it works on the Google display…

I can now say “lock the door” to set a switch item in OpenHAB :grinning:
Unfortunately it shows the gear icon in the Android / IOS Google Home app. Perhaps a Google issue?

I was able to tag two locks and it works fine (Danalock v3). I do have a problem with groups tagged as Lighting which seemed to have disappeared. Single lighting items seem to work fine.