Im currently working on the hardware layer of my openHAB system, there´s quite a few bells and whistles missing from the raspberry pi hardware that i feel i must add.
So im considering designing a printed circuit board HAT, to integrate RF transmitter/reciever, IR transmitter/reciever, i2c bus, temperature sensor and some sort of display, possibly with a arduino as intermediate hardware layer.
And just for kicks, possibly even a NeoPixel LED or two, because what modern computer is complete without RGB LED´s??
Now, the minimum order of such a PCB would be 5x and would cost somewhere around 2-5€/piece plus components and shipping.
So my question is; would anybody else be interested in a HAT (raspberry pi expansion PCB)?
I havent started with the proper hardware design yet meaning the feature list isnt fixed, so if youre interested AND is willing to pay for a unit, feel free to drop a feature request in the thread.
Do note; i am NOT a business, just a DIY-dude, so i will not be charging any extra for the units (my cost = your price+shipping(from sweden)) but also: i will not be offering any warranties.
I prefer to send the PCB´s unpopulated, but i can, for a cost, solder and test the PCB before shipping.
Estimated delivery would be in about 2-3 months (worldwide).
Current hardware feature list:
- headers for 433mhz FM transmitter/reciever pair
- header for DHT-11/22 temperature/humidity sensor.
- header for stereo audio sockets (headphone connectors), for external IR reciever/transmitter (LIRC-compatible)
- header for I2C-bus
- header for SPI Nokia 5110 display board OR I2C LCD (16x2 char and 20x4 char)
Possible hardware features:
- integrated Arduino Nano, to be used as input filter ( for the 433mhz reciever and IR reciever ) as well as display driver (receive display data from raspberry via serial and/or I2C and present it on-screen).
- headers for a few (2-3?) NeoPixel (WS2812) 5mm LED´s
- features requested by other purchasers.
I did order all of the above mentioned hardware components a few years ago off ebay, and the total cost for this project (including the possible features list) is about 25-50€ but its all optional, if you dont want a display for instance, just dont connect it…