OpenHAB + INNOGY + HOMEKIT + SIRI

Hey there,

at this whole openHAB thing, but so far I was successful setting up my OpenHAB, installed the Innogy Smarthome binding (V2.x), connect the OPENHAB bridge with my HomeKit - App on my iPhone. So far. But what do I have to do, when I want to see and control my (innogy/RWE)-Thermostat with my homekit-App on my Phone. The OpenHAB-documentation (HomeKit/items/sitemap) is way to complicated for me. I have no idea, what to type in the *.items, *.sitemap… files via “Eclipse Smart Home Designer”.
Maybe anybody here as connected his innogy smart home with home kit and is able to control the temperature with Siri, because that is my main goal.
Thankful for any help…
Maik

Hi Maik,

What kind of item would you like to setup?
I just setup this binding yesterday and only added one PSS.

// Innogy Zwischenstecker
Switch  innogy_licht_1  "Innogy Licht"  <light> (OG_Kueche,KAT_Licht)   [ "Lighting" ]  {channel='innogysmarthome:PSS:SMARTHOME04:6080e69ebe634a99b8efa94afbad3a5e:switch'}

The [ "Lightning" ] is essential for HomeKit to get recognized.
When you added your deviced to things via PaperUI, you can easily copy the ID.

I hope I could help you a little bit, although I’m still new to openhab. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey etienne!

Thanks for your help. My final goal is, to set the temperature for the Innogy thermostat via Siri. So I would like to setup the thermostat as an item.

I have exactly the same goal and setup.

I feel at the moment there is no other was than writing some cryptic text into some weird files and put them at some strange location on an operating system I hardly know. :wink:

Should we try together? I am trying to follow this instruction: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/io/org.openhab.io.homekit

I fail at the very beginning because I cannot find a folder „conf/services“ on my Pi

Cheers,
Christian

Hi @maik2k ,

Yesterday I had time to configure my openhab with my Homekit and connect my Innogy thermostats.

I added following items for each innogy thermostat:

Group  gBadThermostat1                 "Thermostat Bad"                     [ "Thermostat" ]
Number BadThermostatCurrentTemp        "Bad Current Temp" (gBadThermostat1) [ "CurrentTemperature" ]
Number BadThermostatTargetTemperature  "Bad Target Temp"  (gBadThermostat1) [ "TargetTemperature" ]
String BadThermostatHeatingCoolingMode "Bad H/C Mode"     (gBadThermostat1) [ "homekit:HeatingCoolingMode" ]

First you have to add a new group item.
Then add the three items for current temperature, target temperature and the heating/cooling-mode and group them with the group you just created.
It is essential for homekit to “combine” this three items in the new group. The group-name will be the item-name in your homekit then.

I’m still figuring out how to use heating/cooling-mode correctly with the innogy thermostats…

I’m using openhabian on my raspi. The path to the configs

/etc/openhab2

hope this helps you! :vulcan_salute: