openHAB is offline message [fixed]

MyOpenhab seems still offline below is what i got so far.

I use Openhab version1

the addon in the following directory
/opt/openhab/addons/org.openhab.io.myopenhab-1.8.3.jar

Openhab.cfg i got:
security:option=EXTERNAL
security:netmask=10.10.10.0/24

myopenhab.persist
Strategies {
everyMinute : “0 * * * * ?”
}

Items {
}

copy the info from secret and uuid file to my account info

Not see any info in the /openhab.log files

if I start openhab in debug i see this

19:55:39.192 [DEBUG] [.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceActivator:27 ] - MyOpenHAB service has been started.
19:55:39.196 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:299 ] - setEventPublisher
19:55:39.198 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:134 ] - my.openHAB service activated
19:55:39.258 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:117 ] - config is null
19:55:39.265 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:175 ] - UUID file found at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/uuid’ with content '4tralalaa0e5436d95’
19:55:39.266 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:227 ] - Secret file already exists at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/secret’ with content 'bladiebla’
19:55:39.267 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:119 ] - UUID = 4e1b15f4-d9bc-4e26-8178-fca0e5436d95, secret = bladiebla
19:55:39.286 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:175 ] - UUID file found at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/uuid’ with content '4tralalaa0e5436d95’
19:55:39.291 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:227 ] - Secret file already exists at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/secret’ with content 'bladiebla’
19:55:39.304 [DEBUG] [o.o.i.m.i.MyOpenHABServiceImpl:161 ] - Version file found at ‘/opt/openhab/webapps/static/version’ with content ‘1.8.2’

Anyone an suggestion how to troubleshoot is further?

Thanks
Gerrit

According to these logs it is starting up just fine. Are you certain there isn’t extraneous white space at the end of the UUID or Secret that was pasted into the my.openhab site?

Are there any errors or messages from MyOpenHABService later in the logs? There is nothing in these logs to indicate there is anything bad happening.

Hi Rich,

I did copy pasted them a view times now, so pritty sure no errors there.

I just sniffer the traffic and my openhab server connects to the my.openhab.org website.

It connects to the website but it stoped with an "TLSv1.2 Alert Fatal description Certificate unknow.’

Thanks
Gerrit

I’m going to guess you are not running with Oracle Java 1.8.0_111 or later. The my.openhab servers had to update their SSL cert a few months ago and they used LetsEncrypt, but Oracle Java did not add that CA as trusted until 111. OpenJDK has lots of problems and you should not be running OH on it anyway, but it does not yet include LetsEncrypt as a trusted CA.

indeed got an older one…

java -version
java version "1.8.0_45"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

change it to
java -version
java version "1.8.0_111"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

and it came directly online

Thanks a lot for you help!
Gerrit

Unfortunately I found that version of Java is not available yet on Raspbian via apt-get. The fix is to install the Let’s Encrypt root certificate into the Java keystore file. Somebody has probably already explained that somewhere.

can you tell how to upate java from 1.8.0_45 to 1.8.0_111 please.

Hi Malek,

I am running CentOS but have a Raspberry pi with ubuntu as well
I am a bit of a newbie so guess there are easier way’s to do it.

• Got to the Java Direcotry

gfvpelt@raspberrypi:/usr/lib/jvm $ pwd
/usr/lib/jvm

*download Java

sudo wget --no-check-certificate --no-cookies --header “Cookie: oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie” http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/8u111-b14/jdk-8u111-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz

*extract the download

sudo tar zxvf jdk-8u111-linux-arm64-vfp-hflt.tar.gz

• test if the new download works
    ./jdk1.8.0_111/bin/java -version

should show the new java version

• Then point the logic link to the new java version
    sudo rm /etc/alternatives/java
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_111/bin/java /etc/alternatives/java

java -version should now also show the new version

Regards
Gerrit

Hi, i still get the same message.
I´m on Openhab 1.8.3

Here is what i did:

• Copy new myopenhab-addon to addon folder
  • Copy new myopenhab-things to openhab.cfg - but i did no changes there - is this ok?
  • made new account on myopenhab.org with uuid and secret
  • java update to _111 and reboot of the server

What can i do?

If i change adress from myopenhab.org to my.openhab.org in habdroid, i immediately get connection to the old my.openhab service.

Yes, it’s ok. As long as you haven’t any “special” configuration with running OH on other ports or behind a proxy or things like that.

Have you double-checked that these are the “new” keys from myopenhab.org, and not those from my.openhab.org. Have to followed the guide at openHAB Cloud Connector · openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki · GitHub to find the right folders?

Have you also double-checked that the new java version REALLY was installed? What is the output if you enter

java -version

on your console?

And you shouldn’t post your problem on a thread which is marked as “fixed” in the topic. :wink:

Now the topic of this thread is matching to my problem :slight_smile:

I did nothing - and now i can connect to myopenhab - it is online…

Strange…

Yeah, i did all like explained and also checked java version.

Thanks.

EDIT:

One more thing…

I read in the wiki, i can use google cloud services for push notifications. Where can i find how to set up this?