All, we had several discussions in the past (like this one) around refreshing the openHAB logo design, which is currently rather following glossy design lines, while some people claim that all has to be flat design nowadays.
We have this logo since more than 5 years in place now, so I would tend to say that it is ok to go for an update. Imho it should be a visual update, but following the current concept of an @ combined with a house, probably also with similar colors as today - people should still be able to easily recognise openHAB.
But before we go into discussions about how a new logo should in detail look like, I’d like to check with the community (YOU!) whether you at all support such an ambition - so let’s vote!
The current openHAB logo…
- …must remain exactly as it is - don’t dare touching it!
- …looks slightly yesterdayish, but fashion cycles are short and glossy look is going to be hip again soon, so just be patient.
- …is completely unimportant to me - what counts is the functionality. Do what you want, but don’t spend too much valuable time on it!
- …really looks outdated and sheds a bad light on the project, which itself is far more modern and progresssive than its logo.
- …must be changed asap as a new modern logo will path the way to more publicity, more users and a strongly growing community.