OpenHAB MacOS Pre-release

Hi! A few months ago I came up with the idea of ​​creating a native OpenHAB application for MacOS, entirely written in Swift.

Little story: I am not an iOS/MacOS developer but I really wanted to learn and decided to start this by creating an app for OpenHAB. From my first day in Xcode to the moment I am writing this, 3 weeks have passed, I have had several setbacks with Xcode as well as with the language, surely if someone really understands Xcode/Swift they will be able to appreciate that my code is really simple or maybe they find absurd things. I really put in a lot of effort and wanted to share it with you.
Obviously I am receptive to receiving feedback and ideas.

The little program working…

Features:

For now the application is quite simple, it allows adding items, which are displayed in a list. In turn, you can change the name, icon and type of item (this is better explained in github, please check it).

Screenshot_1

As it is clarified in the repository, in the first days of development I used the API REST but with the passing of the days I discovered how to do the iOS app (sorry, you know my knowledge in Xcode) to obtain the data. Soon, I will correct it so that it resembles the excellent performance of the iOS app.

Please if you are not a developer but you would like to try the app, I will be delighted. Just keep in mind that it is a pre version and may crash or contain bugs. Your feedback will help me a lot! Please check: First pre-release

I hope that someone will find this app useful, just by trying it and receiving your opinion you are happy. Thank you.

5 Likes