openHAB Milestone builds

My Cache is clear

Ok, could you post the content of the 3 files: ?

/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config
/etc/openhab2/services/runtime.cfg
/etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg

I had also installed the rest docs via paperui and had the same error message. You need to edit userdata/config/org/openhab/addons.config, as others have said, and remove restdocs from the misc=-line.
Then you can reinstall it through paperui.

Hi :slight_smile:

I made a sum up of my findings here: My point of view of Openhab2, stability and a few good to know stuff

Thank you first for your help. But after my system had crashed completely, I have to set it up anew.
Here is a question:
Can I restore the backup from 2.5M1 to M2?
If not, where can I get the M1 version to import the backup?
Many thanks

Hi @ollis112

You are welcome. Happy to help :slight_smile:

You should be able to download 2.5M1 at the old repo by hand here: https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/pool/main/2.5.0~M1/

1 Like

OK, it will be installed this evening. Thank you

Hi,

installed 2.5M2 yesterday and after some initial difficulties it now runs smooth. I had to restart openHAB several times before most of the exceptions in the log disappeared. I have two remaining issues, maybe it is useful for someone else:

1. To resolve exceptions by the org.openhab.core.ephemeris binding (still have to check out, what this is for) could only be resolved by creating services/ephemeris.cfg, as stated somewhere else on this forum :
dayset-school=Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
dayset-weekend=Saturday,Sunday
region=nw

Setting these parameters in PaperUI was not enough, but I prefer config files anyway. I could not find any documentation regarding valid region codes, so I am not really sure, what I configured :wink:

1. The KNX2 binding throws the following exception on every start, but it seems to work OK anyhow:
2019-08-12 00:41:25.572 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.readNextQueuedDatapoint(AbstractKNXClient.java:283) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.lambda$1(AbstractKNXClient.java:199) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Juelicher

2 Likes

Hi,

after upgrading my Docker Installation I get the tollowing error in my Docker Terminal:

Launching the openHAB runtime...
Error installing bundle listed in startup.properties with url: mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.extension/4.2.2 and startlevel: 1

After a complete deletion of all configs, 2.5.0.M2 won’t start either …

Kind regards

Niklas

Edit: Looks like the Docker container are still referencing to the startup.properties of 2.5.0.M1

After the start of the container my startup.properties is overwritten by 2.5.0.M1 file …

Edit2:
After a recreation of the container from scratch, everything works as expected.

I just did M2 upgrade today. Initially I had constant warnings about items not existing (even though they did). Clean-cache / reboots didn’t help. Ended up doing an uninstall and reinstall. (not purge - I kept my config files and everything else untouched)

After the reinstall everything started up correctly.

With a cleared cache, 2.5M2 logs a bunch of errors and usually warnings about missing Items. The cache should be cleared in the upgrade, so this happens on first start. After a few minutes and the logs are calm, restart OH again and the errors will be gone.

So, after clearing the cache, restart twice. I thought there was an issue for this already in GH (I can’t search for it ATM), but there may not be.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for 2.5M1

I just upgraded from 2.5 M1, and I am now having trouble with my embeded MQTT broker. I’m using the MQTT binding and the internal MQTT broker. My MQTT broker Thing now shows up as offline. I see that the name has changed on the broker since the upgrade. Screenshot%202019-08-24%2008%3A52%3A35

I have deleted my MQTT broker as a thing, reinstalled the broker but then nothing appears in my inbox anymore. Is this a known issue? Or have I just missed something here? I’m leaning toward the latter.

Had the same problem. You have to delete the mqttembedded.bin file before every start of openhab.

Just went through a M1 to M2 upgrade (docker installation)I get warnings in the logs about

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-misc-restdocs'

Rest Doc was the only “binding” I had to do manually after the update, and it seems fine after that. How do I disable the error warnings?

restdocs is no longer under the ‘misc’ section it is under the ‘UI’ section; check out your addons.cfg file as that is probably the issue.

Do you mean under addons.config, in the userdata folder?
Just delete this entry?
"misc=“restdocs”

there are no added entries in my addons.cfg except whatever is default

Yes.or change to misc="" to be safe

Right, unless you need an entry in addon.cfg for a snapshot jar file or something you can safely comment everything out of the addon.cfg or even just delete the file and OpenHAB will recreate a new one on startup. Upon it doing so, if you look at it, every line will be commented out

1 Like

If i activate the chromecast binding in m2 then the rest api ui stops working.
Getting errorcode 500