OpenHAB REST and Stringify

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone is using Stringify to trigger an OpenHAB item via REST API? I’ve tried Strigify’s Connect: Maker, and requesting item state via HTTP GET works but I’m not sure how to send command using a HTTP POST in it to a REST API. The URL parameter is self-explanatory, but I’m kinda stuck with a data part - it has 5 options: No data, Form data, JSON data, File via multipart formdata and Form data from query string. When choosing Form data or JSON data, you get 4 fields (Field 1 name, Field 1 value, Field 2 name and Field 2 value), but I’m not sure where should I put item state, and in what form.

Best regards,
Davor

Install and look at the REST API documentation (its under UIs in PaperUI). It tells you what to put for each field.

Hello!

I have documentation installed, and I’ve checked it, but the problem is, I can’t seem to find text/plain content type (which I suppose is necessary for OH REST API). Even if I choose other content type, it leaves me with 2 parameters, where OH REST expects only ON/OFF (for switch item, of course). I haven’t found a way to change content type in REST documentation - it has a combo box, but the only option is text/plain, for both PUT /items/{itemname}/state and POST /items/{itemname}. Is there a way to send JSON as a body, instead of text/plain? Just to mention that I’m already using REST API via Tasker without problems, but in Stringify I can’t make it work (maybe they just aren’t compatible). I have a workaround using HTTP GET and classicui/CMD? but I would rather use official API, in case this workaround gets removed in the future.

Best regards,
Davor

It is isn’t in the drop down then it isn’t supported. I don’t know anything about Stringify and am surprised it doesn’t support text/plain for the body.

Hello!

Yeah, it’s pretty silly it supports formats much more complex, but does not support text/plain. Thank you for your help. For now, I’m gonna stick with classicui/CMD? approach.

Best regards,
Davor