openHAB start page now requires authentication - unable to login

Good evening. Recently, I experienced some type of system crash/failure, which cleared out all the Things and links to Items. To recover, I restored a recent copy of my jsondb files, which then created another issue where openHAB2 would fail on startup…something about missing a snapshot2.4.0 etc… Anyways, I resolved that my ensuring I was using the latest Snapshot install of openHAB2 2.4.0. Then, my openHAB2 appeared to run and have restored my Things/Items… HOWEVER, I now am unable to open/access the Start web page nor use the Mobile App.

Whenever I go to http://openhabianpi:8080/start/index, I receive a popup prompting me for login credentials.

Prompts me for login credentials and says, “Your connection to this site is not private”

When attempting to login, the log shows the following:

2018-10-10 22:18:12.225 [INFO ] [home.core.auth.AuthenticationManager] - Failed to authenticate using credentials karaf:*****

2018-10-10 22:19:29.803 [INFO ] [home.core.auth.AuthenticationManager] - Failed to authenticate using credentials

First, I never used to get the login prompt before…I usually was just in and able to access everything. Second, I still have full access to openHAB2 via SSH, etc… The issue only appears to be with the web page and mobile app.

I have searched far and wide, but cannot seem to find a possible resolution.

I have found the following articles which appear to relate to the issue I am experiencing; however, I believe they are for openHAB1 (not version 2), and I cannot seem to find the EXTERNAL security setting anything to which they refer.

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction as to where I can find the EXTERNAL security setting to check, or otherwise how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I am running openHAB2, the latest SNAPSHOT version 2.4.0 or up, on a Raspberry Pi 3b+.

I believe I’ve identified and corrected the issue (at least temporarily). My issue is related to a recent Snapshot problem referenced in the following article: HTTP ERROR 404 (PaperUI, ClassicUI)

Ultimately, after I did the steps below, my openHAB2 instance is back up and running:

sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 stop

sudo apt install openhab2=2.4.0~20181004001205-1 openhab2-addons=2.4.0~20181004001205-1

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*

Remove any Add-on jar files

sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 start

Add back in Add-on jar files