Openhab-ui-basic fails to start

thank you Joachim, I have not reached that step yet because I have the issue as this post
Openhab-ui-basic fails to start

I found out my version is openHAB 2.3.0 Build #1203.
where can I download Build #1231?
thanks

What os are you using? If you are debian based, apt-get update and apt-get upgrade should help

Hello Joachim
I am using synology dsm 6.0

now I install old version 2.2 and works

I just installed openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1526 and am getting the same type of error. Any ideas?

2019-02-20 15:29:16.484 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-ui-paper'
1 Like

Same Problem here.

It’s due to the UI addons having been moved to the openhab-webui repo. I’ve created a PR which should fix this:

1 Like

i have the same issue, is there any quick fix i can do ?

The quick fixes I can think of:

• restore backup (if you’ve made one)
  • downgrade to working snapshot/milestone
  • add UI addon JARs to /addons dir
1 Like

i had to rollback to a lower build number, which fixed the issue, hope it is fixed soon :slight_smile:thanks

I think it’s merged … maybe tonight in 1527, maybe tomorrow

Andrea

1 Like

Was getting the same issue, identical. Updated to snapshot 1527, and now this…

2019-02-21 14:11:20.554 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-exec, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-action-xmpp, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-voice-picotts, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-action-pushover, openhab-action-pushsafer, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-logreader, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-misc-market, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-tcp1, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-action-mail, openhab-action-pushbullet, openhab-binding-astro': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.paper; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201902190011,2.5.0.201902190011]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201902190011: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201902190011] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.ui.dashboard)"]]

seems unusable, but habmin does still try to function.

and i’m too much of a newb to fix. Just trying to post some data.

I’m seeing the same issue with snapshot 1528. This is the error in my log file:

2019-02-21 22:15:12.698 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-harmonyhub, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-snmp1, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mysql, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-plex1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-knx': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-basic; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-basic)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-basic/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-basic/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.basic; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201902190011,2.5.0.201902190011]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.basic/2.5.0.201902190011: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.basic/2.5.0.201902190011] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.ui.dashboard)"]]
2019-02-21 22:15:35.651 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-harmonyhub, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-snmp1, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mysql, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-plex1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-knx': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.paper; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201902190011,2.5.0.201902190011]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201902190011: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201902190011] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.ui.dashboard)"]]
2019-02-21 22:16:35.540 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-harmonyhub, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-snmp1, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mysql, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-plex1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-knx': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-basic; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-basic)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-basic/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-basic/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.basic; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201902190011,2.5.0.201902190011]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.basic/2.5.0.201902190011: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.basic/2.5.0.201902190011] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.ui.dashboard)"]]

@wborn do you have a clue what the cause of this issue could be? If I can get you extra info, let me know.

Yes we know the SNAPSHOT isn’t working yet. We’re looking into it!

2 Likes

Mine did recover with 1532, although I think you probably already know that. Thanks maintainers, I appreciate your efforts.

Yes it seems to work well again with 1532! :slight_smile: Except for the following exceptions continuously being logged:

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement ...

So far these exceptions don’t seem to impact functionality. I hope these exceptions are resolved by openhab-webui#16 when the openhab-webui build works again. :crossed_fingers:

Nice, I’ll give it a shot later today or tomorrow!

Everything works perfect again for me with build 1534. I didn’t notice any errors anymore. :ok_hand:

2 Likes