OpenHAB2 and Homematic / homegear: how to connect?

Hi all,
I am new to OpenHAB and try to get my (also new) Homematic components into it. I am stuck now and don’t know where I could change anything to get it working.

What is working right now:

1. HMCFGUSB2 is recognized by hmland
  2. homegear can successfully talk to hmland
  3. using homegear I paired HMCFGUSB2 with HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU and in the log I can see it receives messages, I can also query the values using homegear on the command line
  4. when I open the homegear interface in the browser on port 2001 the list shows the successful connection of HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU
  5. OpenHAB2 beta 3 is up and running, I was able to add astro and AVM Fritz bindings as well as the Homematic binding (all three are shown on Paper UI under configuration > bindings

But Homematic binding does not communicate with homegear, no things are discovered. My FritzBox was successfully added for example, so I assume OH2 is working in general and it must be something with the Homematic binding. This is the config for the binding stored in conf/services/homematic.cfg (I removed the comments just for this posting to keep it short)

############################## Homematic Binding ##############################
homematic:host=192.168.17.104
homematic:callback.host=192.168.17.104
homematic:callback.port=2001
# homematic:alive.interval=
# homematic:reconnect.interval=
# homematic:homematicIP.enabled=

The IP address is from the the same systems which runs hmland, homegear and OH2. Using netstat -peanut |grep homegear it get the following:

# netstat -peanut |grep home
tcp        0      0 192.168.17.104:7373     0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      105        34895050    32730/homegear
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2001            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      105        34895051    32730/homegear
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2002            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      105        34895055    32730/homegear
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2003            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      105        34895059    32730/homegear
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:40441         127.0.0.1:1000          ESTABLISHED 105        34895049    32730/homegear
udp        0      0 239.255.255.250:1900    0.0.0.0:*

Second last line shows the connection between homegear and hmland which listens on port 1000.

Any help is greatly appreciated pointing me into the right direction how I get OH2 to talk to homegear and show me the Homematic things.

Regards,
René

If you use OH2 than you should delete the homematic: in your configuration. I assume you have created a homematic.cfp in the services folder.

After that you should go to the paper UI and refresh the in basket. There you should find a brindge and if you add this bride as thing you can refresh the inbasket a second time. Now you schould find yoir new homematic things.

work for me

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thank you for the quick reply. I removed “homematic:” from the config (the conf/services/avmfritz.cfg has a prefix “fritzbox:” for every item though…). However, is there a command to reload the config without restarting OH2? Starting OH2 takes very long (at least on my DS414).

Regards,
René

Hi Thomas,

I stopped OH2, made the change and started OH2 again. But still nothing appears in the inbox. Clicking “search for things” and then “homematic” does not find anything. It’s still the same behavior as before. Any other ideas? Maybe I need to change something in the config regarding the port?

Regards,
René

Hi,

as far as I can remember, I simply created a /homematic.things in openhab2/conf/things/ with this content:

Bridge homematic:bridge:ccu [ gatewayAddress="homematic.fritz.box", gatewayType="ccu" ]

The ccu was discovered and afterwards all connected items.

But I am using a real CCU, not shure if you have to use another “type” for homegear.

Maybe this will help.

Peter

I have done nothng special. Created the configuration with host and callback host, installed the homematic binding in papaerUI and them let the system search. First it found the bridge and then all the other items.

Are there any hints in the log?

Thomas

Hi Peter and Thomas,

thank you very much for your help. I’ve got it working now. My conf/services/homemeatic.cfg now looks like this (the rest is all commented out):

homematic:host=192.168.17.104
homematic:callback.host=192.168.17.104

I then also created a conf/things/homematic.things which contains:

Bridge homematic:bridge:HMCFGUSB2 [ gatewayAddress="192.168.17.104"]

After restarting OH2 indeed the inbox showed the bridge, gateway extras and the wall thermostat that I have paired with the bridge (HMCFGUSB2).

Many thanks,
René

Hi,

i don’t understand why there is a conf/services/homemeatic.cfg in your setup. I thought this would not be necessary in OH2… ?

Jens

Hi Jens,

this is a Yes and No Anser. I Created the CFG File, but the Bridge was found by OH 2 on its own.

Thomas