OpenHab2 and Linear NGD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller

im getting nothing. ill check association, but cant until this eve. thanks scott.

@5iver

i have finally gotten around to figuring out why i have issues. log says it cant find transformations from the garagedoor.map file. i copied and pasted exactly what you have. any clue what i should be checking for?

Three things come to mind. Do you have the MAP transformation service installed? If so, did you create the file in Windows and save it to a Linux OH server? It may have incorrect EOLs in it… run dos2unix on the file or copy a working MAP file and then paste the contents into it. It could be a permissions issue too.

map service is installed. i created in notebook++. maybe now i should create is vscode…ill try it out and let you know.

just a curious sidenote question about oh in general…

can have multiple sitemaps, this i understand.

can one have multiple items files? that all get pulled into the sitemap, same with rules.

for restoreOnStartup does the persist file have to me named mapdb?

been using oh for a couple of years, but naming is something i have never fully undersyood.

Yes, you can have multiple rules, items, map, etc. files. Name them anything you want, but keep them in the right folders and use the appropriate file extensions.

I use mySQL and have a jdbc.persist file. The documentation reads that you’d use mapdb.persist file if using MapDB.

If you’re using OH in Linux, then it is likely the EOL. Notepad++ has a setting for this, and you can set a default. You can just change the EOL for the file in Notepad++ and save the file to change it.

thanks scott, appreciate it.

1 Like

Scott

I had to rename the file entirely, but in the logs im getting:

Preformatted text2018-01-30 19:51:45.926 [WARN ] [.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Transformation ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.transform.map.internal.MapTransformationService@128c3b1’ with value ‘(OFF)’ failed: An error occurred while opening file.

2018-01-30 19:51:45.945 [WARN ] [.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Transformation ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.transform.map.internal.MapTransformationService@128c3b1’ with value ‘(255)’ failed: An error occurred while opening file.

Nevermind. All values on left in transform file had to be in parenthesis.

Now that part is working, logs show changes:

2018-01-30 20:14:19.999 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Garage_Dr' received command ON

2018-01-30 20:14:20.025 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Garage_Dr changed from OFF to ON

2018-01-30 20:14:20.046 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Garage_Dr_Position’ received command 0

2018-01-30 20:14:20.078 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Garage_Dr_Position changed from 253 to 0

2018-01-30 20:14:20.109 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Garage_Dr_Position’ received command 0

2018-01-30 20:14:20.261 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Garage_Dr_Position changed from 0 to 253

2018-01-30 20:14:20.281 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Garage_Dr changed from ON to OFF

But I am unable to close the door via the ui, just doesn’t close.

Strange… I don’t have any parenthesis in mine. As long as it works :+1:

What do you have in your sitemap and items files? I just have a group for all of my locks and garage door openers, and display them using the group in the sitemap. Do you have any errors in the openhab.log? There may also be some logs from the rules in there.

according to the log, the rules arent firing. no errors or warnings, just doesnt work. items and sitemap are exactly like yours, just changed item names.

Not sure what could be wrong. It all works well for me and I’ve triple checked that what I posted matches my current rule file. From the event.log you posted, it looks like you flipped the garage door switch item from OFF to ON, the rule triggered and sent the command to the door position item, the door position changed to 253 (STOPPED), and then the rule triggered again and the switch item was updated to OFF. So, it looks like the rules are working, but your garage door is getting stuck and stopping? With these items changing so quickly, it must be the rules, so there have to be log entries. You should also see log entries when manually opening/closing the door.

ok, ill let you know

im beginning to wonder if i have a bad unit

Are you sure it is wired up correctly? Your log showed a position of 253, which means stopped, so is it possible that you could have the wires connected to the safety sensor inputs? The NGD00Z should be wired the same as the remote button, and I believe the leads go to ground when sent a command to change the position, but it could be applying a voltage. The opener will also flash its light and beep when sent a command. I think you could take it down and bench test it.

What makes you think it is bad?

I will try, but it is already connected to the door button.

Does the position update when you manually open/close the door? And if not, do you see anything in the zwave debug log?

nothing in the logs or updates to the screen

If you don’t see anything in the zwave debug log for the opener when you manually open/close the door, then it’s not communicating. It could be that the associations are not set. But since you weren’t able to send it a command either, then maybe it isn’t included properly. Do you see anything for that node in the log? I’m assuming you already enabled debug logging for the zwave binding. Does Habmin show the device online? Try a heal and see if you see something for that node in the log.

i haven’t enabled zwave debug as Im on openhabian and dont know how…