OpenHab2 and Linear NGD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller

zwave
z-wave
linear
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f01480b0130> #<Tag:0x00007f01480afe60> #<Tag:0x00007f01480afd20>

(Ash Gupta) #1

I am trying to use Linear NGD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller with OH2. It needs the Security Classes to be included.

I am able to successfully include it in the network with OpenHab2. However, it only shows 1 channel: “BARRIER_POSITION” with type Number. There is no channel to Open/Close the Garage Door.

As per this post, it should work with OH1: Unknown device with Linear NGD00Z-4

As per this post, OH2 binding now has security. OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

What am I missing ? Has anyone tried this Garage Door Controller with OpenHab2 ?

Anybody interested in BARRIER_OPERATOR Zwave Command Class?
Issues Secure Pairing GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener
OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY
LiftMaster garage door opener with Linear NGD00Z-4 initiated from HomeLink Transmitter through X10 and Insteon
Can't connect IRIS Garage Door Controller to openHABianpi
Aeon ZW062 garage door controller
(Chris Jackson) #2

Are you actually using the binding version that is linked from the top of this post?

(Ash Gupta) #3

No I assumed that the binding would have made its way to the latest SNAPSHOT.

I have the latest SNAPSHOT running. How can I run the binding linked to the top of the post ?

1. Uninstall SNAPSHOT Binding
  2. Download the Binding from the top of the post and put into /opt/openhab2/addons ?

Or some other steps ?

Thanks

(Chris Jackson) #4

No - it’s not in master branch yet.

Yes, fundamentally you are right about the install - take a look a few posts down from the top of the thread - there are some instructions and also some comments about how to resolve the dependencies.

(Ash Gupta) #5

Ok I downloaded the zWave OH2 with Security Binding from (OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY)

I reset my controller, deleted the original OH2 binding and then added the binding from above.

I then turned on Secure Mode for All Devices.
Then tried to Include the Linear NGD00Z Garage Door to the network.
Habmin reported that Secure Inclusion failed. I then tried Secure Inclusion from PaperUI and switched to Habmin to check the status. This time Habmin reported that Secure Inclusion succeeded.

The UI also shows Security is On.

However, I still see only 1 channel (BARRIER_POSITION). There is no channel to Control the Garage Door.

Attached below is my log file for secure inclusion.

@Chris - Any advice ? Is the Database complete for this device ? If not could we please add this to the database ?
GarageDoor-Log.xml (825.7 KB)

Seems from the logs that Security was successful. So not sure why I see only 1 channel for Door Position.

As per this post (Anybody interested in BARRIER_OPERATOR Zwave Command Class?), the 2nd channel should be: BARRIER_OPERATOR zWave Command Class and it has been available in OH2 for a long time. Then why do I not see the BARRIER_OPERATOR channel ?

@Chris - Any thoughts ?

Issue #2:
PS: Also after using the Secure Binding, I am no longer able to control my dimmers. They show unknown even though the device exists in the database (Reference ID: 556, Manufacturer: 001d. Type: 3201:0001). I was able to get the dimmers working with the latest snapshot binding.

@Chris - Could you please update the Secure zWave Binding to include the latest Database changes ?

Anybody interested in BARRIER_OPERATOR Zwave Command Class?
(Chris Jackson) #6

Not without seeing a logfile. I would suggest to delete the XML for this device, restart the binding and send me the log by creating a ticket on my website and I’ll take a look when I get a chance - probably in a few days.

(Ash Gupta) #7

Ok Will do. Thanks.

@Chris how about the missing updates for the Leviton Dimmers (Reference ID: 556, Manufacturer: 001d. Type: 3201:0001). They are not recognized by the development z-Wave binding, but are recognized by the SNAPSHOT binding.

Would you be able to update the Dev binding to recognize the above Dimmers ?

(Chris Jackson) #8

Yes - I’m not sure I’ll get to do it tonight, but if not I’ll do it tomorrow.

(Ash Gupta) #9

Perfect. Thank you for your support.

(Chris Jackson) #10

Updated now…

(Ash Gupta) #11

@chris I have created a Ticket #T9JHVYw2PKX)

The latest code resolved the Dimmers. So thanks for that.
For Garage Door Controller (NGD00Z-4), I noticed in the log file:

2017-04-07 14:22:24.053 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Initialising cmd channel zwave:device:dfa4d57c:node33:barrier_position for DecimalType
2017-04-07 14:22:24.053 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Initialising state channel zwave:device:dfa4d57c:node33:barrier_position for DecimalType

It seems it is creating the Barrier_Position channel for both the Command Channel and State Channel. Is this a bug ?

Apart from the BARRIER_OPERATOR and BARRIER_POSITION, there should also be an ALARM channel to report Battery and Block problems with the controller. I see that in the XML but they are never instantiated.

Ticket #T9JHVYw2PKX has all of the log files and XML file.

Thanks again for your help.

(Michael W) #13

Was this ever resolved? I saw for the zwave device database entry for the NGD00Z-4 you updated BARRIER_POSITION to BARRIER_STATE. I have mine connected securely and I’m trying to send it 255 mapped to a switch to BARRIER_STATE but nothing happens.

Is it true that BARRIER_OPERATOR and BARRIER_STATE use the same channel? I see BARRIER_OPERATOR nowhere.

Any insight would be appreciated.

(Scott Rushworth) #14

Try barrier_position as a number item.

(Michael W) #15

Thanks for the suggestion Scott but barrier_position doesn’t show as a linkable channel…only barrier_state. Not sure what I should do.

(Scott Rushworth) #16

Strange… I’m using version 2.1.0.201707291849 of the test zwave binding and have barrier_position:

Which version are you using?

(Michael W) #17

How do I check the exact version and build?

I tried going into the Karaf Console but it just shows I’m not using 2.2 snapshot:
openhab-binding-zwave1 | 1.11.0.SNAPSHOT | | Uninstalled | openhab-addons-legacy-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT | Z-Wave Binding (1.x)
openhab-binding-zwave | 2.2.0.SNAPSHOT | | Uninstalled | addons-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT | Z-Wave Binding

I think I have the 07292017 version of the snapshot and I do have this file in the addons directory:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

But this is what I see:

One other thing I notice is that barrier_state for me shows 253 regardless if I send 0 or 255.

I don’t see barrier_position at all below the screenshot so I’m wondering what’s wrong with my configuration. Thanks again for the help.

(Scott Rushworth) #18

To find the version of the binding, do this in the Karaf console:

bundle:list | grep ZWave

(Michael W) #19

Thanks for the command. Looks like I’m using the same version as you.

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
217 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201707291849 | ZWave Binding

Bizarre…do you think it has something to do with me using Openhab 2.2.0 snapshot vs release?

(Scott Rushworth) #20

I just looked at the XML in the binding and see BARRIER_STATE and all the other channels you are seeing. I didnt realize the device database was updated back in April. I haven’t deleted (or reinitialized) the Things for my garage openers, which would have picked up these changes!

So, I reinitialized them and am in the same state as you (I’m also on 2.2.0 snapshot). I swapped my items from barrier_operator to barrier_state and everything is behaving as before. I tried the other channels and nothing came through. Which I’m not surprised about, since the device does not use the ALARM CC (http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1298/classes).

The items for one of my garage doors:

Switch	    GarageAttached_Door	            "Garage Door (Attached) [MAP(garagedoor.map):%s]"	        <garagedoor>	(gGarageAttached,gLock,gGarageDoor,gSleep_Security)
Number	    GarageAttached_Door_Position	"Garage Door (Attached) [MAP(garagedoor.map):%s]"           <garagedoor>	(gGarageAttached,gGarageDoor,gSleep_Security)     {channel="zwave:device:07cb40a2:node177:barrier_state"}

garagedoor.map:

0=CLOSED
ON=CLOSED
252=CLOSING
253=STOPPED
254=OPENING
255=OPEN
OFF=OPEN
-=Unknown
NULL=Unknown

This rule sends a 255 or 0 to open and close the door, based on the switch state:

rule "Lock: Update garage door barrier_state after switch state change events (GarageAttached_Door)"
when
	Item GarageAttached_Door changed
then
    if (GarageAttached_Door.state == ON) {//closed
		GarageAttached_Door_Position.sendCommand("0")
        logDebug("Rules", "Lock: Update garage door barrier_state after switch state change events (GarageAttached_Door_Position) [{}]",GarageAttached_Door_Position.state)
    }
    else if (GarageAttached_Door.state == OFF) {
		GarageAttached_Door_Position.sendCommand("255")
        logDebug("Rules", "Lock: Update garage door barrier_state after switch state change events (GarageAttached_Door_Position) [{}]",GarageAttached_Door_Position.state)
	}
end

The number items change if the remote for the garage doors are used, so this rule keeps the state of the switch correct:

rule "Lock: Update garage door states after barrier_state events (GarageAttached_Door_Position)"
when
	Item GarageAttached_Door_Position received update
then
    if (GarageAttached_Door_Position.state == 255 && GarageAttached_Door.state == ON) {
		GarageAttached_Door.postUpdate(OFF)
        logDebug("Rules", "Lock: Update garage door states after barrier_state events (GarageAttached_Door) [{}]",GarageAttached_Door.state)
    }
    else if (GarageAttached_Door_Position.state == 0 && GarageAttached_Door.state == OFF) {
		GarageAttached_Door.postUpdate(ON)
        logDebug("Rules", "Lock: Update garage door states after barrier_state events (GarageAttached_Door) [{}]",GarageAttached_Door.state)
	}
end

(Scott Rushworth) #21

@ashgupta, you added a number of channels that this device does not support. I’m thinking these should be removed to clean up the database, but I don’t know your reasoning for adding them and don’t want to mess anything up!