Unknown device with Linear NGD00Z-4

I am new to the forum, been running OH2 for about 2 months. I just added a Nutone (Linear) NGD00Z-4 Garage door opener. The OH2 Z-wave binding sees the device as node 7 and has the correct HW identification (zwave:device:0dc3aacf:node7) but it shows as unknown.

I am using OH2 unstable version 2.1.0~20170205135640-1.

I tried to upload my node7.xml but don’t have permissions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited: added a DB link to my node7.xml here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/504739/node7.xml

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the NuTone Garage door opener into OH2?

I can give you permissions (you’ve just gotta ask ;)) but it won’t help as your ID is already in the database. I would take a look in the log to see if there’s any issues reported there (in debug mode) but otherwise Im not sure why it wouldn’t pick up the device.

Thanks Chris. Thats what it seems. It SHOULD be working. I did manage to get my node7.xml loaded to the DB link in the post if that helps. Thanks!

Yep - I looked at the XML, but as I said, the device type/id are the same as in the database, so it should pick it up already.

From github, it looks like the references have been there for 7 months, so version shouldn’t be an issue either.

I would suggest to check the debug log, but I’m not sure it will help a lot (still work looking as I have limited other ideas).

I also have a Linear NGD00Z-4 and was able to successfully pair and add the thing in OH2 (latest snapshot), however the only channel being reported is “barrier_position”.

Are the secure channels hidden? How do I create a lock or switch channel to initiate open/closing the garage?

I just upgraded to the latest build. Same story, only one sensor, “barrier_position”.

That sounds correct - currently there is only one channel as security is not currently available in OH2.

Yikes, so I would need to downgrade to OH1.x, assuming it supports security?

Until security is integrated into OH2, yes, this might be your best bet if you need this. You can run the OH1 binding under OH2.

Oh okay. So I’m still a newb at this, starting off with OH2. I assume I have to enable 1x compatibility and copy the org.openhab.binding.zwave-1.9.0.jar file from OH1’s addon release into the /addons directory.

After doing so, is the 1x Z-Wave binding suppose to be selectable/enabled via Paper UI? If not, what guide should I follow to add and access Things via this OH1 binding?

You need to treat it like it was running under OH1 - so everything needs to be configured the same way as in OH1 (ie refer to the OH1 wiki for item configuration etc).

I see that OH2 z-Wave binding now supports security (Update from: OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY)

I was able to securely include the Linear NGD00Z-4 into OpenHab2, however, I still see only the “BARRIER_POSITION” number channel. I don’t see the switch the operate the Garage Door opener.

Was this ever integrated into OH2 ?

I am running the latest Z-Wave OH2 binding that includes security. Security is working with my other locks, but I am also struggling to get a good secure pairing. I get a lot of “SECURITY_INC State=FAILED” which I believe means that secure pairing failed - and if I understand correctly, I won’t see the channel for actual door control. @chris is this true?

Yes - that’s correct.

OK, I will keep trying to exclude and reinclude until I get a “secure” pairing. What a pain!

I’m happy to take a quick look at a log (debug of course ;)) if you want to send it (create a ticket on my website - it’s more secure for security logs). It may not show too much, but I’m happy to look.

I’d really make sure it’s reset - excluding it should be enough I would think, but if there’s another way to reset it I’d give that a go too…

Sounds good, I will probably send over logs in the next couple of days. Exclude and full reset of the device then pairing with less than an inch between them isn’t getting me far enough. I’ll get debug logging enabled, read them, and if it isn’t clear what’s going on I’ll send them your way.

Submitted a ticket with log.

I added this device (the Lowe’s Iris flavor) using the security enabled zwave binding on oh2 (though not the latest binding) and after waiting some minutes it pulled in the barrier position channel just fine on the first try. I also see zwave_secure true in the thing properties. Not sure if I’m missing a switch for control as I haven’t had time to fiddle with it.