OpenHab2 Logs in Synology Not Updating

Resolved.

Found out the tmpfs mounted volume was set to 20 MB which eventually filled up. With no disk space left on this mounted volume, the logs would not get updated. I deleted the rotating logs (events.log.1, events.log.2, etc) to free up space. This was an immediate fix. Logs started updating as soon as more disk space was available.

I also increased the amount of disk space to use for the tmpfs volume. This was done by editing…

mount -t tmpfs -o size=20M none $TMPFS

…in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openHAB-tmpfs.sh. I increased it and rebooted Synology.

Hi, may I hook up here in this thread, as I do have exactly the same issue, but no solution yet. My HAB-tmpfs.sh already has the mentioned “mount” command line included, and using a “df -h” shows tmpfs with size 20M.
The logging stops here as well, creating 5 events.log.x files and 1 openhab.log.x file. My question is now: Just increasing the mount size (e.g. to 200M) would just be fine temporary and will stop again once this limit is reached?
Where can I configure the amount of log rotating files? The size is defined in the org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg file but I cannot find anything regarding the number of files?

Here is the current entry:

# Rolling file appender
log4j2.appender.out.type = RollingRandomAccessFile
log4j2.appender.out.name = LOGFILE
log4j2.appender.out.fileName = ${openhab.logdir}/openhab.log
log4j2.appender.out.filePattern = ${openhab.logdir}/openhab.log.%i
log4j2.appender.out.immediateFlush = true
log4j2.appender.out.append = true
log4j2.appender.out.layout.type = PatternLayout
log4j2.appender.out.layout.pattern = %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%-5.5p] [%-36.36c] - %m%n
log4j2.appender.out.policies.type = Policies
log4j2.appender.out.policies.size.type = SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy
log4j2.appender.out.policies.size.size = 3MB

# Event log appender
log4j2.appender.event.type = RollingRandomAccessFile
log4j2.appender.event.name = EVENT
log4j2.appender.event.fileName = ${openhab.logdir}/events.log
log4j2.appender.event.filePattern = ${openhab.logdir}/events.log.%i
log4j2.appender.event.immediateFlush = true
log4j2.appender.event.append = true
log4j2.appender.event.layout.type = PatternLayout
log4j2.appender.event.layout.pattern = %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%-26.26c] - %m%n
log4j2.appender.event.policies.type = Policies
log4j2.appender.event.policies.size.type = SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy
log4j2.appender.event.policies.size.size = 3MB

Does anyone else also encounters these problems and could potential provide a solution?
Thanks.